Affiliation: Harvard University
- MRI features of intracerebral hemorrhage within 2 hours from symptom onsetI Linfante
Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Stroke 30:2263-7. 1999..It is unknown whether MRI can detect ICH earlier than 2.5 hours. We describe 5 patients with ICH who had MRI between 23 and 120 minutes from symptom onset and propose diagnostic patterns of evolution of hyperacute ICH on MRI...
- Similar TIAs and corresponding alterations in regional cerebral perfusion in Caucasian monozygotic twins with moyamoya diseaseItalo Linfante
Deparment of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Division of Cerebrovascular Diseases, East Campus, DA779, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Clin Imaging 26:378-81. 2002..Similar clinical symptoms mirrored alterations in regional cerebral perfusion by SPECT and EEG in our Caucasian monozygotic twins with MMD...
- Clinical and vascular outcome in internal carotid artery versus middle cerebral artery occlusions after intravenous tissue plasminogen activatorItalo Linfante
Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
Stroke 33:2066-71. 2002....
- Diffusion-weighted imaging and National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale in the acute phase of posterior-circulation strokeI Linfante
Division of Cerebrovascular Diseases, Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, East Campus DA 779, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arch Neurol 58:621-8. 2001..Correlation between NIHSS score and lesion volume in posterior-circulation infarcts is unknown...
- Relationship between magnetic resonance arterial patency and perfusion-diffusion mismatch in acute ischemic stroke and its potential clinical useI A Staroselskaya
Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Arch Neurol 58:1069-74. 2001..The MR imaging patterns identified extend our understanding of the pathophysiology of stroke and may contribute to the improvement of stroke management in the future...
- Significance of early CT signs in acute stroke. A CT scan-diffusion MRI studyAssia Jaillard
Department of Clinical and Biological Neurosciences, Stroke Unit University Hospital, Grenoble, France
Cerebrovasc Dis 13:47-56. 2002..To study the pathophysiology of early CT signs...
- Is the association of National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale scores and acute magnetic resonance imaging stroke volume equal for patients with right- and left-hemisphere ischemic stroke?John N Fink
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Mass, USA
Stroke 33:954-8. 2002..The aim of this study was to investigate whether the relationship between acute NIHSS score and acute stroke volume as determined by acute diffusion- and perfusion-weighted MRI (DWI and PWI) differs between right- and left-sided stroke...
- The stroke patient who woke up: clinical and radiological features, including diffusion and perfusion MRIJohn N Fink
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Mass 02215, USA
Stroke 33:988-93. 2002..Functional imaging techniques may allow estimation of benefit and risk of acute stroke therapy. We compared the clinical and multimodal MRI findings of patients with uncertain stroke onset with those with known onset time...
- Advances in treatment of acute ischemic strokeItalo Linfante
Section of Neuroimaging and Intervention, Department of Radiology, University of Massachusetts, Memorial University Campus, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 6:28-32. 2006..We review data on advancement in imaging and treatment of acute ischemic stroke, in particular focusing on pharmacologic and mechanical IA thrombolysis...
- Predictors of hemorrhagic transformation after intravenous recombinant tissue plasminogen activator: prognostic value of the initial apparent diffusion coefficient and diffusion-weighted lesion volumeMagdy Selim
Department of Neurology, Division of Cerebrovascular Diseases, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02215, USA
Stroke 33:2047-52. 2002..We sought to examine which pretreatment DWI parameters and clinical data are predictive of ICH after intravenous thrombolysis...
- Effect of pre-stroke use of ACE inhibitors on ischemic stroke severityMagdy Selim
Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, USA
BMC Neurol 5:10. 2005..We aimed to compare stroke severity between stroke patients who were taking ACEI before their stroke onset and those who were not, to examine the effects of pretreatment with ACEI on ischemic stroke severity...
- Intra-arterial thrombolysis in patients treated with warfarinItalo Linfante
Department of Radiology, Neuroendovascular Surgery and Interventional Neuroradiology, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Cerebrovasc Dis 19:133-5. 2005
- Editorial comment--can MRI reliably detect hyperacute intracerebral hemorrhage? Ask the medical studentItalo Linfante
Stroke 35:506-7. 2004
- Patterns of perfusion-weighted imaging in patients with carotid artery occlusive diseaseClaudia J Chaves
Department of Neurology, Lahey Clinic, Burlington, Mass 01805, USA
Arch Neurol 60:237-42. 2003..The importance of hemodynamic factors in the pathophysiology of stroke and transient ischemic attacks in patients with internal carotid artery (ICA) stenosis or occlusion remains controversial...
- Cerebral air embolismTimea Hodics
Neurology 60:112. 2003
- Seizure at stroke onset: should it be an absolute contraindication to thrombolysis?Magdy Selim
Department of Neurology, Division of Cerebrovascular Diseases, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Cerebrovasc Dis 14:54-7. 2002..Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with diffusion- (DWI) and perfusion-weighted images (PWI) and angiography (MRA) can be used to confirm the diagnosis of an acute ischemic process in the presence of concurrent seizures...
- Brain aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations: advancements and emerging treatments in endovascular embolizationItalo Linfante
Division of Neuroimaging and Intervention, Department of Radiology, University of Massachusetts, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Stroke 38:1411-7. 2007..The aim of this review is to survey recent data relevant to new technologies and emerging treatment strategies in these areas...