Affiliation: Harvard University
- Tomographic optical breast imaging guided by three-dimensional mammographyAng Li
Department of Physics, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts 02155, USA
Appl Opt 42:5181-90. 2003..We suggest an approach to find the optimal regularization parameters. The presented preliminary clinical result indicates the utility of the method...
- Method for recovering quantitative broadband diffuse optical spectra from layered mediaAng Li
Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, University of California Irvine, 92612, USA
Appl Opt 46:4828-33. 2007..In addition to spectra, the algorithm recovers the top layer thickness up to 12 mm within 10% error. It is insensitive to initial guesses of both layers' optical properties as long as the layer thickness initial guess is within +/-2 mm...
- Reconstructing chromosphere concentration images directly by continuous-wave diffuse optical tomographyAng Li
Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Opt Lett 29:256-8. 2004..We demonstrate this improvement with simulations and a dynamic blood phantom experiment...
- Optimal linear inverse solution with multiple priors in diffuse optical tomographyAng Li
Department of Physics Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts 02155, USA
Appl Opt 44:1948-56. 2005..Simulations are performed to demonstrate the significant improvement in image quality afforded by combining spatial and spectral priors...
- Evoked itch perception is associated with changes in functional brain connectivityGaelle Desbordes
Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Neuroimage Clin 7:213-21. 2015..Overall, our results provide the first evidence of itch-dependent changes in functional connectivity across multiple brain regions. ..
- Coregistered tomographic x-ray and optical breast imaging: initial resultsQuan Zhang
Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, The Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, 13th Street, Building 149, Room 2301, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Biomed Opt 10:024033. 2005..This comparison will ultimately lead to a better understanding of the relationship between the functional contrast afforded by optical imaging and the structural contrast provided by x-ray imaging...
- The brain circuitry mediating antipruritic effects of acupunctureVitaly Napadow
Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA, USA
Cereb Cortex 24:873-82. 2014..Understanding brain circuitry underlying itch reduction following acupuncture and related neuromodulatory therapies will significantly impact the development and applicability of novel therapies to reduce an itch. ..
- Evoked pain analgesia in chronic pelvic pain patients using respiratory-gated auricular vagal afferent nerve stimulationVitaly Napadow
Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA, USA
Pain Med 13:777-89. 2012..The dorsal medullary vagal system operates in tune with respiration, and we propose that supplying vagal afferent stimulation gated to the exhalation phase of respiration can optimize t-VNS...
- Quantitative spectroscopic diffuse optical tomography of the breast guided by imperfect a priori structural informationGregory Boverman
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Northeastern University, 302 Stearns Hall, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Phys Med Biol 50:3941-56. 2005..In addition, we examine the consequences which errors in the breast segmentation have on estimating both the background and inhomogeneity chromophore concentrations...
- A candidate gene association study on preterm delivery: application of high-throughput genotyping technology and advanced statistical methodsKe Hao
Program for Population Genetics, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Hum Mol Genet 13:683-91. 2004....
- Assessing the spatial extent of breast tumor intrinsic optical contrast using ultrasound and diffuse optical spectroscopyAng Li
University of California, Irvine, Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, Laser Microbeam and Medical Program, Irvine, California 92612, USA
J Biomed Opt 13:030504. 2008..Analysis indicates that invasive breast tumors with anatomical dimensions of 1 cm may still be detectable at depths of 30 mm or more (the center of the lesion to the surface of tissue) using DOS in a reflectance geometry...