Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Harvard University
- RUNX1 regulates the CD34 gene in haematopoietic stem cells by mediating interactions with a distal regulatory elementElena Levantini
Division of Hematology Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Center for Life Science, Boston, MA, USA
EMBO J 30:4059-70. 2011..Overall, our in vivo data provide novel evidence about the role of RUNX1 in mediating interactions between distal and proximal elements of the HSC gene CD34...
- Respiratory failure due to differentiation arrest and expansion of alveolar cells following lung-specific loss of the transcription factor C/EBPalpha in miceDaniela S Bassères
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:1109-23. 2006..Furthermore, this study indicates that exploring the C/EBPalpha pathway might have therapeutic benefits for patients with respiratory distress syndromes...
- Identification of a myeloid committed progenitor as the cancer-initiating cell in acute promyelocytic leukemiaFlorence C Guibal
Center for Life Sciences, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 114:5415-25. 2009..Our findings provide further understanding of the biology of APL by demonstrating that a committed transformed progenitor can initiate and propagate the disease...
- CARM1 is required for proper control of proliferation and differentiation of pulmonary epithelial cellsKaren B O'Brien
Harvard Stem Cell Institute and Center for Life Sciences, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Development 137:2147-56. 2010..These results demonstrate for the first time that CARM1 inhibits pulmonary cell proliferation and is required for proper differentiation of alveolar cells...
- Enhancement of hematopoietic stem cell repopulating capacity and self-renewal in the absence of the transcription factor C/EBP alphaPu Zhang
Harvard Institutes of Medicine, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Immunity 21:853-63. 2004..Therefore, C/EBP alpha is not only essential for granulocyte development but, in addition, is a regulator of hematopoietic stem cell activity...
- Three-dimensional magnetic resonance microscopy of pulmonary solitary tumors in transgenic miceShigeto Kubo
Department of Radiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, and Ireland Cancer Center, University Hospitals of Cleveland/Case Western Reserve University, OH, USA
Magn Reson Med 56:698-703. 2006..This promising method is noninvasive and has the potential to eventually replace invasive histopathology because it obviates the need to kill groups of animals at multiple time points...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor and claudin-2 participate in A549 permeability and remodeling: implications for non-small cell lung cancer tumor colonizationYakov Peter
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Mol Carcinog 48:488-97. 2009..Understanding the influence of EGF on A549 cell permeability and reorganization will help shed light on NSCLC tumor colonization and contribute to the development of novel anti-cancer treatments...