Megan C Leary
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Beyond tissue plasminogen activator: mechanical intervention in acute strokeMegan C Leary
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Ann Emerg Med 41:838-46. 2003..The purpose of this review is to provide the emergency medicine community with an understanding of these promising and emerging approaches to acute stroke therapy...
- Annual incidence of first silent stroke in the United States: a preliminary estimateMegan C Leary
Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Cerebrovasc Dis 16:280-5. 2003....
- Validation of computed tomographic middle cerebral artery "dot"sign: an angiographic correlation studyMegan C Leary
Department of Neurology, Division of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Disease, Palmer 125, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, Mass 02215, USA
Stroke 34:2636-40. 2003..The MCA dot sign has not been validated previously against the gold standard of conventional cerebral angiography...
- Acute basilar artery occlusion: diffusion-perfusion MRI characterization of tissue salvage in patients receiving intra-arterial stroke therapiesJill L Ostrem
Department of Neurology, UCLA Medical Center, USA
Stroke 35:e30-4. 2004..Diffusion-perfusion MRI in patients with anterior circulation occlusions has demonstrated salvage of threatened tissue after thrombolytic therapy. Similar studies have not been reported with posterior circulation occlusions...
- Magnetic resonance imaging detection of microbleeds before thrombolysis: an emerging applicationChelsea S Kidwell
UCLA Stroke Center, Department of Neurology, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Stroke 33:95-8. 2002....
- Technology insight: brain MRI and cardiac surgery--detection of postoperative brain ischemiaMegan C Leary
Harvard Clinical Research Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 4:379-88. 2007..Additionally, DWI could be a valuable tool for evaluating stroke preventive measures as well as therapeutic interventions in patients undergoing CABG surgery...
- Perfusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging thresholds identifying core, irreversibly infarcted tissueLudy C Shih
UCLA Stroke Center, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, Calif, USA
Stroke 34:1425-30. 2003..Pretreatment perfusion MRI offers promise as a means to differentiate core from penumbral tissues...
- Comparison of MRI and CT for detection of acute intracerebral hemorrhageChelsea S Kidwell
UCLA Stroke Center, Los Angeles, Calif, USA
JAMA 292:1823-30. 2004..However, the accuracy of MRI relative to CT for the detection of hyperacute intracerebral hemorrhage has not been demonstrated...
- The Los Angeles Motor Scale (LAMS): a new measure to characterize stroke severity in the fieldJennifer N Llanes
UCLA Stroke Center, 90095, USA
Prehosp Emerg Care 8:46-50. 2004..To develop and retrospectively analyze an instrument that rapidly characterizes pretreatment stroke severity for use in prehospital acute stroke clinical trials...