Christopher S Lathan
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Perspectives of african americans on lung cancer: a qualitative analysisChristopher S Lathan
McGraw Patterson Center for Population Sciences, Dana Farber Cancer Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Oncologist 20:393-9. 2015..The objective of this study was to explore African Americans' knowledge of lung cancer, perceived risk, interest in smoking cessation, attitudes toward lung cancer treatment, and lung cancer diagnosis and treatment experiences...
- Racial differences in the perception of lung cancer: the 2005 Health Information National Trends SurveyChristopher S Lathan
Division of Population Sciences, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer 116:1981-6. 2010..Racial disparities in lung cancer have been described well in the literature; however, little is known about perceptions of lung cancer in the general population and whether these perceptions differ by race...
- Racial composition of hospitals: effects on surgery for early-stage non-small-cell lung cancerChristopher S Lathan
Department of Medical Oncology, Division of Population Sciences, Center for Outcomes and Policy Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:4347-52. 2008..Our study examines the relationship between the percentage of black patients treated at a hospital to determine whether it affects the likelihood of obtaining cancer-directed surgery for patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- The effect of race on invasive staging and surgery in non-small-cell lung cancerChristopher S Lathan
Division of Population Sciences, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:413-8. 2006..To isolate the effect of decision making from access to care, we used receipt of surgical staging as a proxy for access and willingness to undergo invasive procedures, and examined treatments and outcomes by race...
- Racial differences in prostate cancer screening by family historyBettina F Drake
Department of Society, Human Development and Health, Center for Community Based Research, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Epidemiol 18:579-83. 2008..Therefore we examined racial variation in the association of family history of CaP and self-reported prostate-specific antigen (PSA) testing in the nationally-representative National Health Interview Survey (NHIS)...
- Attitudes of patients with cancer about personalized medicine and somatic genetic testingStacy W Gray
Center for Population Sciences, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Ave, LW 633, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Oncol Pract 8:329-35, 2 p following 335. 2012..Dramatic advances in genomic technology stand to revolutionize cancer care; however, little is known about patients' understanding and acceptance of personalized medicine and widespread genetic testing (GT)...
- Religiousness and spiritual support among advanced cancer patients and associations with end-of-life treatment preferences and quality of lifeTracy A Balboni
Harvard Radiation Oncology Program, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:555-60. 2007..This study examined religiousness and spiritual support in advanced cancer patients of diverse racial/ethnic backgrounds and associations with quality of life (QOL), treatment preferences, and advance care planning...
- Utilization of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) testing in the United States: a case study of T3 translational researchJulie A Lynch
Veterans Health Administration, University of Massachusetts Boston and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Genet Med 15:630-8. 2013..Our goal was to inform the development of a model to predict phase 3 translation of guideline-directed molecular diagnostic tests...
- Integrating multiple social statuses in health disparities research: the case of lung cancerDavid R Williams
Department of Society, Human Development and Health, Harvard University, School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Avenue, 6th Floor, Boston, MA, 02215, USA
Health Serv Res 47:1255-77. 2012....
- Disparities in perceived unmet need for supportive services among patients with lung cancer in the Cancer Care Outcomes Research and Surveillance ConsortiumDolly A John
Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts
Cancer 120:3178-91. 2014....