Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Family-based tests of association in the presence of linkageS L Lake
Department of Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Hum Genet 67:1515-25. 2000..Since the A2M gene lies in a chromosomal region (chromosome 12p) that consistently has been linked to AD, association tests should be conducted under the null hypothesis that there is linkage but no association...
- Sample size re-estimation in cluster randomization trialsStephen Lake
Department of Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health, 655 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Stat Med 21:1337-50. 2002..The effect of this design on the power, significance level and sample size is analysed via simulation and is shown to provide a flexible and practical approach to cluster randomization trials...
- Association of defensin beta-1 gene polymorphisms with asthmaHara Levy
Children s Hospital, Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 115:252-8. 2005..Defensins are antimicrobial peptides that may take part in airway inflammation and hyperresponsiveness...
- Polymorphisms in signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 and lung function in asthmaAugusto A Litonjua
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 181 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Respir Res 6:52. 2005..Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 is a transcription factor latent in the cytoplasm; the gene (STAT3) is activated by a wide range of cytokines, and may play a role in lung development and asthma pathogenesis...
- Association of the DTNBP1 locus with schizophrenia in a U.S. populationBirgit Funke
Harvard Medical School Partners Center for Genetics and Genomics, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Hum Genet 75:891-8. 2004..005). Our study provides further evidence for a role of the DTNBP1 gene in the genetic etiology of schizophrenia...
- PRKCA: a positional candidate gene for body mass index and asthmaAmy Murphy
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Hum Genet 85:87-96. 2009..6 x 10(-)(5)). PRKCA is a pleiotropic locus that is associated with both BMI and asthma and that has been identified via linkage analysis of BMI in a population ascertained on asthma...
- Functional MRI detection of pharmacologically induced memory impairmentReisa Sperling
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:455-60. 2002....
- Corticosteroid pharmacogenetics: association of sequence variants in CRHR1 with improved lung function in asthmatics treated with inhaled corticosteroidsKelan G Tantisira
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Hum Mol Genet 13:1353-9. 2004....
- IL10 gene polymorphisms are associated with asthma phenotypes in childrenHelen Lyon
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genet Epidemiol 26:155-65. 2004..008 and 0.043, respectively). Polymorphisms in IL10 are associated with asthma phenotypes in this cohort. Further studies of variation in the IL10 gene may help elucidate the mechanism of asthma development in children...
- The SERPINE2 gene is associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseDawn DeMeo
Channing Laboratory, Harvard Medical School, 181 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Am Thorac Soc 3:502. 2006
- Two macroscopic and microscopic brain imaging studies of human hippocampus in early Alzheimer's disease and schizophrenia researchNicholas Lange
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Stat Med 23:327-50. 2004....
- The Myoblast Autologous Grafting in Ischemic Cardiomyopathy (MAGIC) trial: first randomized placebo-controlled study of myoblast transplantationPhilippe Menasche
Département de Chirurgie Cardio vasculaire, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20, rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Circulation 117:1189-200. 2008..Phase I clinical studies have demonstrated the feasibility of implanting autologous skeletal myoblasts in postinfarction scars. However, they have failed to determine whether this procedure was functionally effective and arrhythmogenic...