Alvaro C Laga
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Expression of the embryonic stem cell transcription factor SOX2 in human skin: relevance to melanocyte and merkel cell biologyAlvaro C Laga
Department of Pathology, Program in Dermatopathology, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Pathol 176:903-13. 2010..In aggregate, these findings suggest that SOX2 is a novel biomarker for subpopulations of normal skin cells that reside in established stem cell niches and that might relate to Merkel cell and melanocyte ontogeny and tumorigenesis...
- Cellular heterogeneity in vertical growth phase melanomaAlvaro C Laga
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 134:1750-7. 2010..At a considerably small tumor size, it incurs significant risk for widespread metastatic dissemination. There are no effective means of surgical intervention, chemical therapy, or immunologic therapy for advanced and metastatic melanoma...
- SOX2 contributes to melanoma cell invasionSasha D Girouard
Program in Dermatopathology, Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Lab Invest 92:362-70. 2012..These data implicate SOX2 expression in melanoma invasion, and suggest a role for MMP-3 as one potential mediator of this process...
- SOX2 and nestin expression in human melanoma: an immunohistochemical and experimental studyAlvaro C Laga
Department of Pathology, Program in Dermatopathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Exp Dermatol 20:339-45. 2011..In aggregate, these data further support a biologically significant linkage between SOX2 and nestin expression in human melanoma...
- Histopathologic spectrum of psoriasiform skin reactions associated with tumor necrosis factor-α inhibitor therapy. A study of 16 biopsiesAlvaro C Laga
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 32:568-73. 2010..Because the different histopathologic findings may be subtle, clinical correlation is crucial to make the diagnosis...
- Utility of acid-fast staining for detection of mycobacteria in cutaneous granulomatous tissue reactionsAlvaro C Laga
Dept of Pathology, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115
Am J Clin Pathol 141:584-6. 2014..We sought to investigate the utility of performing acid-fast stains (AFS) on skin biopsy specimens with granulomatous inflammation without an otherwise obvious histologic or clinical explanation...
- Cutaneous gnathostomiasis: report of 6 cases with emphasis on histopathological demonstration of the larvaAlvaro C Laga
Program in Dermatopathology, Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 68:301-5. 2013..Cutaneous gnathostomiasis is an emerging food-borne parasitic zoonosis. Histopathological demonstration of the larva on random biopsy specimen of erythematous plaques is infrequent because of its migrating nature...