Affiliation: Harvard University
- The spindle checkpoint rescues the meiotic segregation of chromosomes whose crossovers are far from the centromereSoni Lacefield
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, 16 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Nat Genet 39:1273-7. 2007..The tether partially rescues the segregation of chromosomes that lack crossovers...
- Recruiting a microtubule-binding complex to DNA directs chromosome segregation in budding yeastSoni Lacefield
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Nat Cell Biol 11:1116-20. 2009..We conclude that tethering a single kinetochore protein to DNA triggers assembly of the complex structure that directs mitotic chromosome segregation...
- Consequences of defective tubulin folding on heterodimer levels, mitosis and spindle morphology in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeSoni Lacefield
Department of Biology and Center for Cancer Research, M I T, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Genetics 173:635-46. 2006....
- Integrating functions at the kinetochoreSoni L Shimoda
Department of Biology and Center for Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Cell 109:9-12. 2002..Kinetochore components have catalytic as well as structural activities. New evidence illustrates how these proteins integrate spindle morphogenesis with regulation of the timing and accuracy of chromosome segregation...
- Molecular Analysis of the KinetochoreSONI SHIMODA; Fiscal Year: 2006..A characterization of the proteins involved in chromosome segregation and checkpoint activation could lead to a greater understanding of how human diseases, such as cancer, can be prevented. ..