Affiliation: Harvard University
- Stress effects on lung function in asthma are mediated by changes in airway inflammationAntje Kullowatz
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard University, Boston, MA, USA
Psychosom Med 70:468-75. 2008..Associations between psychological factors and asthma symptoms have been documented, but the relationship between airway inflammation and psychological factors has been largely unexplored...
- Maternal intimate partner violence and increased asthma incidence in children: buffering effects of supportive caregivingShakira Franco Suglia
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 163:244-50. 2009..To examine the relationship between maternal intimate partner violence (IPV) and asthma onset in children and the role of supportive caregiving factors in modifying this relationship...
- Associations of maternal lifetime trauma and perinatal traumatic stress symptoms with infant cardiorespiratory reactivity to psychological challengeMichelle Bosquet Enlow
Department of Psychiatry, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Psychosom Med 71:607-14. 2009....
- End-tidal pCO2 in blood phobics during viewing of emotion- and disease-related filmsThomas Ritz
Psychological Institute III, University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Psychosom Med 67:661-8. 2005..We studied end-tidal pCO2 in 12 patients with BII phobia and 14 nonanxious controls during presentation of emotional films...
- Association of depression and anxiety with health care use and quality of life in asthma patientsAntje Kullowatz
Department of Psychology, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX 75205, USA
Respir Med 101:638-44. 2007..Because depression and anxiety are typically correlated, we sought to explore whether depression specifically is associated with health care utilization and quality of life when effects of anxiety are controlled for...
- Perceived triggers of asthma: evaluation of a German version of the Asthma Trigger InventoryThomas Ritz
Department of Psychology, Southern Methodist University, 6424 Hilltop Lane, Dallas, TX 75205, USA
Respir Med 102:390-8. 2008..Here we evaluate a German language version of the ATI and studied the relationship of subscales with self-reported health status, health care use, psychopathology, and results of allergy skin testing...
- Psychological triggers and hyperventilation symptoms in asthmaThomas Ritz
Department of Psychology, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas 75205, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 100:426-32. 2008..However, little is known about the empirical association between psychological and other trigger factors and hyperventilation in asthma exacerbations...