Emily Z Kontos
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Contribution of communication inequalities to disparities in human papillomavirus vaccine awareness and knowledgeEmily Z Kontos
Harvard School of Public Health, Department of Society, Human Development and Health, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Public Health 102:1911-20. 2012..We examined the association of Internet-related communication inequalities on human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine awareness and infection knowledge...
- Integrating multiple social statuses in health disparities research: the case of lung cancerDavid R Williams
Department of Society, Human Development and Health, Harvard University, School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Avenue, 6th Floor, Boston, MA, 02215, USA
Health Serv Res 47:1255-77. 2012....
- Communication inequalities and public health implications of adult social networking site use in the United StatesEmily Z Kontos
Department of Society, Human Development and Health, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Health Commun 15:216-35. 2010....
- Determinants and beliefs of health information mavens among a lower-socioeconomic position and minority populationEmily Z Kontos
Harvard School of Public Health, Department of Society, Human Development and Health, 401 Park Drive, Room 403F, Boston, MA 02215, United States
Soc Sci Med 73:22-32. 2011..Moreover, the data indicate that health information mavens may serve as an ideal point of intervention in attempts to modify health beliefs with the goal of reducing health disparities among these populations...
- Psychosocial stress and cigarette smoking persistence, cessation, and relapse over 9-10 years: a prospective study of middle-aged adults in the United StatesNatalie Slopen
Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Cancer Causes Control 24:1849-63. 2013..To address this need, we examined the association between a variety of psychosocial stressors and smoking persistence, cessation, and relapse over 9-10 years among adults in the United States (n = 4,938, ages 25-74)...
- Use of practice-based research network data to measure neighborhood smoking prevalenceJeffrey A Linder
Division of General Medicine and Primary Care, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 10:E84. 2013..The objective of this study was to determine if PBRN data could be used to make neighborhood-level estimates of smoking prevalence...
- Barriers and facilitators to home computer and internet use among urban novice computer users of low socioeconomic positionEmily Z Kontos
Department of Society, Human Development and Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, LW 627, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Med Internet Res 9:e31. 2007..The goal of the project is not to promote health information seeking as much as to understand the barriers and facilitators to computer and Internet use, beyond access, among members of lower SEP groups in an urban setting...
- Cancer-related direct-to-consumer advertising: a critical reviewEmily Z Kontos
Lung Cancer Disparities Center, Harvard University, School of Public Health Department of Society, Human Development and Health, Boston MA 02215, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 11:142-50. 2011....