Affiliation: Harvard University
- A cross-sectional study on tobacco use and dependence among women: Does menthol matter?Judith Rosenbloom
Tobacco Dependence Treatment and Research, Department of Oral Health Policy and Epidemiology, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Harvard Medical School, 188 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA, 02115, USA
Tob Induc Dis 10:19. 2012..abstract:..
- Challenges in global improvement of oral cancer outcomes: findings from rural Northern IndiaJyoti Dangi
Dept, of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard, Boston, MA
Tob Induc Dis 10:5. 2012..abstract:..
- Assessing implementation difficulties in tobacco use prevention and cessation counselling among dental providersMasamitsu Amemori
Department of Oral Public Health, Institute of Dentistry, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Implement Sci 6:50. 2011....
- Role of nicotine gum and pretreatment depressive symptoms in smoking cessation: twelve-month results of a randomized placebo controlled trialTaru Kinnunen
Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of Dental Medicine, MA 02115, USA
Int J Psychiatry Med 38:373-89. 2008..The aim was to investigate the role of nicotine gum and pretreatment depressive symptoms in long-term smoking cessation...
- Exercise as an adjunct to nicotine gum in treating tobacco dependence among womenTaru Kinnunen
Tobacco Dependence Treatment and Research, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 10:689-703. 2008..Potential explanations for these equivalent levels of efficacy and implications for the findings are discussed...
- Depression and smoking across 25 years of the Normative Aging StudyTaru Kinnunen
Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Department of Oral Health Policy and Epidemiology, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Int J Psychiatry Med 36:413-26. 2006..The aim of the present study is to examine the stability of the relationship between depressive symptoms and smoking status and to determine whether the presence of depressive symptoms predicts continued smoking...
- Is the hypnotized subject complyingT Kinnunen
Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Department of Oral Health Policy and Epidemiology, 31 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
Int J Clin Exp Hypn 49:83-94. 2001..That is, reports of subjective experiences met the criterion for truthfulness, whereas reports of suggested experiences administered with urging to comply did not meet the criterion for truthfulness...
- Aspects of guilt and self-reported substance use in adolescenceZandra N Quiles
Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Dept of Oral Health Policy and Epidemiology, Boston, Massachusetts 02109, USA
J Drug Educ 32:343-62. 2002..The present results suggest that a stronger internalization of societal standards, as reflected by higher scores on Standards and Situational Guilt, may prove a useful tool in the prevention of substance use...
- Front-loaded versus weekly counseling for treatment of tobacco addictionArthur J Garvey
Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 14:578-85. 2012..We tested the efficacy of a front-loaded (FL) counseling intervention whose goal was to increase the likelihood of successful early abstinence and subsequent long-term abstinence...
- Smoking behaviour as a predictor of depression among Finnish men and women: a prospective cohort study of adult twinsTellervo Korhonen
Department of Public Health, University of Helsinki, Finland
Psychol Med 37:705-15. 2007..Depression is associated with smoking, but the causality of the relationship is debated. The authors examine smoking behaviour as a predictor of depression among the Finnish adult twin population...
- Interactive effects of internalizing and externalizing problem behaviors on recurrent pain in childrenInka Vaalamo
University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
J Pediatr Psychol 27:245-57. 2002..To examine, in children, relationships between self-reported recurrent pain and emotion regulation indicated by rated internalizing and externalizing problem behaviors and adjustment...