Affiliation: Harvard University
- Ahadian S, Yamada S, Estili M, Liang X, Banan Sadeghian R, Nakajima K, et al. Carbon nanotubes embedded in embryoid bodies direct cardiac differentiation. Biomed Microdevices. 2017;19:57 pubmed publisher..Applying electrical stimulation to the EB-CNTs specifically enhanced the cardiac differentiation and beating activity of the EBs. ..
- Cheng H, Chawla A, Yang Y, Li Y, Zhang J, Jang H, et al. Development of nanomaterials for bone-targeted drug delivery. Drug Discov Today. 2017;22:1336-1350 pubmed publisher..We envision that nanotechnology-based drug delivery will serve as a powerful tool for developing treatments for currently incurable bone diseases. ..
- ..We review major advances in designing and engineering hydrogels and strategies targeting precise manipulation of their properties across multiple scales. ..
- Deipolyi A, Zhang Y, Khademhosseini A, Naidu S, Borad M, Sahin B, et al. Portal Vein Embolization: Impact of Chemotherapy and Genetic Mutations. J Clin Med. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Continuing systemic therapy until hepatectomy may be warranted, particularly in patients with genetic mutations. ..
- Monteiro N, Smith E, Angstadt S, Zhang W, Khademhosseini A, Yelick P. Dental cell sheet biomimetic tooth bud model. Biomaterials. 2016;106:167-79 pubmed publisher..We propose our biomimetic 3D tooth buds as models to study optimized DE-DM cell interactions leading to functional biomimetic replacement tooth formation. ..
- Jia W, Gungor Ozkerim P, Zhang Y, Yue K, Zhu K, Liu W, et al. Direct 3D bioprinting of perfusable vascular constructs using a blend bioink. Biomaterials. 2016;106:58-68 pubmed publisher..We envision that our advanced bioprinting technology and bioink formulation may also have significant potentials in engineering large-scale vascularized tissue constructs towards applications in organ transplantation and repair. ..
- Shin S, Li Y, Jang H, Khoshakhlagh P, Akbari M, Nasajpour A, et al. Graphene-based materials for tissue engineering. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2016;105:255-274 pubmed publisher..We will also discuss the potential risk factors of graphene-based materials in tissue engineering. In conclusion, we will outline the opportunities in the usage of graphene-based materials for clinical applications. ..
- Yang J, Zhang Y, Yue K, Khademhosseini A. Cell-laden hydrogels for osteochondral and cartilage tissue engineering. Acta Biomater. 2017;57:1-25 pubmed publisher..We also highlight recent advances in biomanufacturing and bioengineering technologies (e.g. 3D bioprinting) for fabrication of hydrogel-based osteochondral and cartilage constructs. ..
- Sheth R, Sabir S, Krishnamurthy S, Avery R, Zhang Y, Khademhosseini A, et al. Endovascular Embolization by Transcatheter Delivery of Particles: Past, Present, and Future. J Funct Biomater. 2017;8: pubmed publisher..In this review, we provide a historical perspective on endovascular embolization tools, summarize the current state-of-the-art, and highlight burgeoning technologies that promise to advance the field in the near future. ..
- Vishwakarma A, Bhise N, Evangelista M, Rouwkema J, Dokmeci M, Ghaemmaghami A, et al. Engineering Immunomodulatory Biomaterials To Tune the Inflammatory Response. Trends Biotechnol. 2016;34:470-482 pubmed publisher..Biomaterial-based immunomodulation strategies can significantly ameliorate the outcomes of medical implants and tissue engineering therapies. ..
- Tamayol A, Hassani Najafabadi A, Mostafalu P, Yetisen A, Commotto M, Aldhahri M, et al. Biodegradable elastic nanofibrous platforms with integrated flexible heaters for on-demand drug delivery. Sci Rep. 2017;7:9220 pubmed publisher..The released antibiotics were potent against tested bacterial strains. These results may pave the path toward developing electronically controllable wound dressings that can deliver drugs with desired temporal patterns. ..
- Seo J, Shin J, Leijten J, Jeon O, Camci Unal G, Dikina A, et al. High-throughput approaches for screening and analysis of cell behaviors. Biomaterials. 2018;153:85-101 pubmed publisher..We also discuss HT techniques for the analyses of cell secreted biomolecules and provide perspectives on the future utility of HT approaches in biomedical engineering. ..