Genomes and Genes
Erin E Kershaw
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Adipose tissue as an endocrine organErin E Kershaw
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:2548-56. 2004..A better understanding of the endocrine function of adipose tissue will likely lead to more rational therapy for these increasingly prevalent disorders. This review presents an overview of the endocrine functions of adipose tissue...
- Adipocyte-specific glucocorticoid inactivation protects against diet-induced obesityErin E Kershaw
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Diabetes 54:1023-31. 2005..These data suggest that reduction of active GCs exclusively in adipose tissue is an important determinant of a favorable metabolic phenotype with respect to energy homeostasis and the metabolic syndrome...
- Adipose triglyceride lipase: function, regulation by insulin, and comparison with adiponutrinErin E Kershaw
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Diabetes 55:148-57. 2006..These data suggest that murine ATGL but not adiponutrin contributes to net adipocyte lipolysis and that ATGL and adiponutrin are oppositely regulated by insulin both in vitro and in vivo...
- PPARgamma regulates adipose triglyceride lipase in adipocytes in vitro and in vivoErin E Kershaw
Div of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Dept of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E1736-45. 2007..Thus, PPARgamma positively regulates ATGL mRNA and protein expression in mature adipocytes in vitro and in adipose tissue in vivo, suggesting a role for ATGL in mediating PPARgamma's effects on lipid metabolism...
- Skeletal muscle triacylglycerol hydrolysis does not influence metabolic complications of obesityMitch T Sitnick
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Diabetes 62:3350-61. 2013..These data argue against a role for altered IMTG accumulation and lipolysis in muscle insulin resistance and metabolic complications of obesity. ..
- Protein-tyrosine phosphatase 1B expression is induced by inflammation in vivoJanice M Zabolotny
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism and Cancer Biology Program, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 283:14230-41. 2008..Our data suggest that PTP1B overexpression in multiple tissues in obesity is regulated by inflammation and that PTP1B may be a target of anti-inflammatory therapies...
- Pnpla3/Adiponutrin deficiency in mice does not contribute to fatty liver disease or metabolic syndromeMahesh K Basantani
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Lipid Res 52:318-29. 2011..Together these data argue against a role for Pnpla3 loss-of-function in fatty liver disease or metabolic syndrome in mice...
- Transcriptional control of adipose lipid handling by IRF4Jun Eguchi
Division of Endocrinology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Cell Metab 13:249-59. 2011..Mice lacking adipocyte IRF4 exhibit increased adiposity and deficient lipolysis. These studies establish a link between IRF4 and the disposition of calories in adipose tissue, with consequences for systemic metabolic homeostasis...
- Adipocyte-specific glucocorticoid metabolism: 11betaHSDsERIN KERSHAW; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ultimate goal is for the applicant to become an independent investigator. ..
- Contribution of ATGL in skeletal muscle to lipid metabolism and insulin actionERIN KERSHAW; Fiscal Year: 2007..Evaluating the role of ATGL-mediated fat breakdown in skeletal muscle will provide important insights into the pathophysiology and treatment of obesity, insulin resistance, and related metabolic disorders. ..