Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Molecular pathways underlying the pathogenesis of pancreatic alpha-cell dysfunctionDan Kawamori
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Joslin Diabetes Center, and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 654:421-45. 2010..Therefore, understanding the molecular mechanism of how glucagon secretion is regulated is critical for treating the alpha-cell dysfunction observed in diabetes...
- Δ40 Isoform of p53 controls β-cell proliferation and glucose homeostasis in miceCharlotte Hinault
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center and Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Diabetes 60:1210-22. 2011....
- Liver-derived systemic factors drive β cell hyperplasia in insulin-resistant statesAbdelfattah El Ouaamari
Section of Islet Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Joslin Diabetes Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell Rep 3:401-10. 2013..These data implicate the liver as a critical source of β cell growth factor(s) in insulin-resistant states...
- Absence of Diabetes and Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction in a Transgenic Model of Carboxyl-Ester Lipase-MODY (Maturity-Onset Diabetes of the Young)Helge Ræder
Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America KG Jebsen Center for Diabetes Research, Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway Department of Pediatrics, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway Center for Medical Genetics and Molecular Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
PLoS ONE 8:e60229. 2013..We therefore aimed to create and phenotype a mouse model specifically over-expressing mutated CEL in the pancreas...
- The pseudokinase tribbles homolog 3 interacts with ATF4 to negatively regulate insulin exocytosis in human and mouse beta cellsChong Wee Liew
Section of Islet Cell and Regenerative Medicine, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Clin Invest 120:2876-88. 2010..These data link a missense polymorphism in human TRB3 to impaired insulin exocytosis and thus increased risk for T2DM...
- Insulin modulation of glucagon secretion: the role of insulin and other factors in the regulation of glucagon secretionDan Kawamori
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA USA
Islets 1:276-9. 2009....
- Ablation of TRIP-Br2, a regulator of fat lipolysis, thermogenesis and oxidative metabolism, prevents diet-induced obesity and insulin resistanceChong Wee Liew
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Med 19:217-26. 2013....
- Insulin signaling in alpha cells modulates glucagon secretion in vivoDan Kawamori
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Cell Metab 9:350-61. 2009..Together, these data indicate a significant role for intraislet insulin signaling in the regulation of alpha cell function in both normo- and hypoglycemic conditions...