P J Kanki
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Scaling up HIV treatment and prevention through national responses and innovative leadershipPhyllis Kanki
Department of Immunology and Infectious Disease, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 60:S27-30. 2012..Examples from Brazil, Botswana, Nigeria, Uganda, and India illustrate the vital role played by bold and collaborative leadership in the global and local scale-up of HIV prevention and treatment...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 subtypes differ in disease progressionP J Kanki
Department of Immunology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Infect Dis 179:68-73. 1999..23; P=. 009), the predominant subtype in the study. These data suggest that HIV-1 subtypes may differ in rates of progression to AIDS...
- Robust HIV type 2 cellular immune response measured by a modified anthrax toxin-based enzyme-linked immunospot assayA D Sarr
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 17:1257-64. 2001..This simple and rapid modified anthrax toxin-based ELISPOT method allowed us to demonstrate, strong cellular immune responses that may be critical determinants in the HIV-2 attenuated phenotype...
- In vitro correlates of HIV-2-mediated HIV-1 protectionE G Kokkotou
Harvard AIDS Institute, Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, 651 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:6797-802. 2000..Our results suggest that beta-chemokine-mediated resistance may be an important correlate of HIV protection against HIV-1 infection and relevant to HIV vaccine design...
- Absence of antibodies to HIV-2/HTLV-4 in six central African nationsP J Kanki
Department of Cancer Biology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 3:317-22. 1987..These results indicate that HIV-2/HTLV-4 has a distinct geographic distribution from that of HIV-1 in Africa. Further studies are necessary to better define the pathogenicity and natural history of this distinct new virus, HIV-2/HTLV-4...
- Regulation of adiponectin in adipocytes upon exposure to HIV-1J L G Sankalé
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases and Harvard AIDS Institute, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
HIV Med 7:268-74. 2006..In this study we investigated the effect of HIV on adipocytes, to determine whether HIV can directly infect adipocytes and/or alter the regulation and secretion of the adipocyte-derived hormone adiponectin...
- HIV-2--A MODEL OF HIV PRIMARY INFECTIONPhyllis Kanki; Fiscal Year: 2002..The identification of temporal, qualitative, and quantitative aspects of these immune responses should contribute to out growing understanding of the determinants of HIV pathogenicity. ..
- HIV-2 CELLULAR IMMUNITY CROSS-REACTIVE WITH HIV-1Phyllis Kanki; Fiscal Year: 2003..Not only will these studies provide new information on the breadth and cross-reactivity of the HIV-2 cellular immune responses, but we also hope to correlate such responses with HIV-1 protection in vivo. ..
- CORRELATES OF HIV-1 PROTECTIONPhyllis Kanki; Fiscal Year: 2004..4. We will determine the profile of beta chemokine message and protein in the evaluated HIV-2 infected women and study the association of beta chemokines with in vivo protection from HIV-1 infection. ..