William B Jaffee
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Is this urine really negative? A systematic review of tampering methods in urine drug screening and testingWilliam B Jaffee
McLean Hospital Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Program, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 33:33-42. 2007....
- Focus on alcohol & drug abuse: ensuring validity in urine drug testingWilliam B Jaffee
McLean Hospital Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Program, 115 Mill St, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:140-2. 2008....
- Personality, problem solving, and adolescent substance useWilliam B Jaffee
Harvard Medical School, McLean Hospital, 115 Mill St, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Behav Ther 40:93-101. 2009..e., effective problem-solving skills) significantly mediated the relationship between hopelessness and lifetime alcohol and marijuana use. The theoretical and clinical implications of these results were discussed...
- Depression precipitated by alcohol use in patients with co-occurring bipolar and substance use disordersWilliam B Jaffee
McLean Hospital Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Program, Belmont, MA 01478, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 70:171-6. 2009..Thus, the present study tests whether alcohol use precipitates depression among patients with co-occurring bipolar disorder and substance use disorder...
- A "community-friendly" version of integrated group therapy for patients with bipolar disorder and substance dependence: a randomized controlled trialRoger D Weiss
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 104:212-9. 2009..This paper compares a briefer (12 session) version of integrated group therapy, led by substance use disorder counselors without previous cognitive-behavioral training or bipolar disorder experience, to group drug counseling...
- Methods of recruiting adolescents with psychiatric and substance use disorders for a clinical trialWilliam B Jaffee
McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 35:381-4. 2009....
- Group therapy for substance use disorders: what do we know?Roger D Weiss
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, MA, USA
Harv Rev Psychiatry 12:339-50. 2004..Unique methodological and logistical hurdles encountered in research on group therapy for substance use disorders, as well as considerations for future research, are also discussed...
- Implementing an adapted version of the job seekers' workshop in a residential program for patients with substance use disordersNayla R Hamdi
McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA, USA
J Addict Med 5:148-52. 2011..To evaluate the feasibility and effectiveness of adapting the Job Seekers' Workshop (JSW) to a residential setting within a Massachusetts-based substance use disorder treatment agency...