Affiliation: Harvard University
- Examining the influence of early life socioeconomic position on pulmonary function across the life span: where do we go from here?B Jackson
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Thorax 59:186-8. 2004
- A matter of life and breath: childhood socioeconomic status is related to young adult pulmonary function in the CARDIA studyBenita Jackson
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Int J Epidemiol 33:271-8. 2004..But prospective studies are sparse across young adulthood, an important phase in pulmonary development...
- The mediating effect of childhood abuse in sexual orientation disparities in tobacco and alcohol use during adolescence: results from the Nurses' Health Study IIHee Jin Jun
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Cancer Causes Control 21:1817-28. 2010..To examine the mediating effect of childhood abuse on sexual orientation disparities in tobacco and alcohol use during adolescence...
- Does harboring hostility hurt? Associations between hostility and pulmonary function in the Coronary Artery Risk Development in (Young) Adults (CARDIA) studyBenita Jackson
Department of Psychology, Clark Science Center, Smith College, Northampton, MA 01063, and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, USA
Health Psychol 26:333-40. 2007..To examine the cross-sectional association between hostility and pulmonary function (PF) and its consistency across race/ethnicity-gender groups...
- Sexual Minority Stressors, Internalizing Symptoms, and Unhealthy Eating Behaviors in Sexual Minority YouthSabra L Katz-Wise
Adolescent Young Adult Medicine, Boston Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA, 02115, USA
Ann Behav Med 49:839-52. 2015..Sexual minorities are more likely than heterosexuals to engage in unhealthy eating behaviors...
- Disparities in child abuse victimization in lesbian, bisexual, and heterosexual women in the Nurses' Health Study IIS Bryn Austin
Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 17:597-606. 2008..One underlying factor may be heightened risk for abuse victimization in childhood in lesbian and bisexual women...