Bradley T Hyman
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Nobuhara C, DeVos S, Commins C, Wegmann S, Moore B, Roe A, et al. Tau Antibody Targeting Pathological Species Blocks Neuronal Uptake and Interneuron Propagation of Tau in Vitro. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:1399-1412 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, 6C5 slowed down the progression of tau aggregation even after uptake had begun. Our results imply that not all antibodies/epitopes are equally robust in terms of blocking tau uptake of human AD-derived tau species. ..
- DeVos S, Hyman B. Tau at the Crossroads between Neurotoxicity and Neuroprotection. Neuron. 2017;94:703-704 pubmed publisher..2016) recently showed that specific tau phosphorylation is neuroprotective, phenocopying tau ablation (DeVos et al., 2017), thus highlighting the complex tau biology that underlies neurotoxicity and neuroprotection. ..
- Kara E, Marks J, Fan Z, Klickstein J, Roe A, Krogh K, et al. Isoform- and cell type-specific structure of apolipoprotein E lipoparticles as revealed by a novel Forster resonance energy transfer assay. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:14720-14729 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study gives insights into apoE biology and establishes a robust screening system to monitor apoE conformation. ..
- Bennett R, DeVos S, Dujardin S, Corjuc B, Gor R, Gonzalez J, et al. Enhanced Tau Aggregation in the Presence of Amyloid ?. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:1601-1612 pubmed publisher..Overall, these data provide evidence that amyloid ? acts to enhance tau pathology by increasing the formation of tau species capable of seeding new aggregates. ..
- Kuzuya A, Zoltowska K, Post K, Arimon M, Li X, Svirsky S, et al. Identification of the novel activity-driven interaction between synaptotagmin 1 and presenilin 1 links calcium, synapse, and amyloid beta. BMC Biol. 2016;14:25 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify Syt1 as a novel Ca(2+)-sensitive PS1 modulator that could regulate synaptic A?, opening avenues for novel and selective synapse targeting therapeutic strategies. ..
- Pooler A, Polydoro M, Maury E, Nicholls S, Reddy S, Wegmann S, et al. Amyloid accelerates tau propagation and toxicity in a model of early Alzheimer's disease. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2015;3:14 pubmed publisher..These data strongly support the hypothesis that cortical amyloid accelerates the spread of tangles throughout the cortex and amplifies tangle-associated neural system failure in AD. ..