Affiliation: Harvard University
- The encoding/retrieval flip: interactions between memory performance and memory stage and relationship to intrinsic cortical networksWillem Huijbers
Harvard Medical School
J Cogn Neurosci 25:1163-79. 2013..Furthermore, regions within the default network display functional dissociations, and this may have implications for the neural underpinnings of age-related memory disorders...
- Explaining the encoding/retrieval flip: memory-related deactivations and activations in the posteromedial cortexW Huijbers
Harvard Medical School, Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Neuropsychologia 50:3764-74. 2012..We will conclude with a summary of the findings and provide directions for future research...
- Imagery and retrieval of auditory and visual information: neural correlates of successful and unsuccessful performanceWillem Huijbers
University of Amsterdam, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, Faculty of Science, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neuropsychologia 49:1730-40. 2011..This is the first study to separate the neural correlates of successful and unsuccessful performance for both imagery and retrieval and for both auditory and visual modalities...
- Modality-specific and modality-independent components of the human imagery systemSander M Daselaar
University of Amsterdam, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, Faculty of Science, The Netherlands
Neuroimage 52:677-85. 2010..This is the first fMRI study to characterize both modality-specific and modality-independent components of the human imagery system...
- The hippocampus is coupled with the default network during memory retrieval but not during memory encodingWillem Huijbers
Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, Faculty of Science, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 6:e17463. 2011..Taken together, our findings clarify the relationship between the DMN and the neural correlates of memory retrieval and encoding...
- The ups and downs of the posteromedial cortex: age- and amyloid-related functional alterations of the encoding/retrieval flip in cognitively normal older adultsPatrizia Vannini
Department of Psychiatry
Cereb Cortex 23:1317-28. 2013..These findings support a specific link between amyloid pathology and neural dysfunction in PMC and elucidate the underpinnings of age-related memory dysfunction...
- When learning and remembering compete: a functional MRI studyWillem Huijbers
Center for Neuroscience, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, Faculty of Science, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS Biol 7:e11. 2009..This study not only provides novel insight into our capacity to learn and remember, but also clarifies the neural mechanisms underlying flexible behavior...