Affiliation: Harvard University
- Bouillez A, Rajabi H, Pitroda S, Jin C, Alam M, Kharbanda A, et al. Inhibition of MUC1-C Suppresses MYC Expression and Attenuates Malignant Growth in KRAS Mutant Lung Adenocarcinomas. Cancer Res. 2016;76:1538-48 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest a therapeutic approach for targeting MYC-dependent cancers and provide the framework for the ongoing clinical studies addressing the efficacy of MUC1-C inhibition in solid tumors. ..
- Rajabi H, Kufe D. MUC1-C Oncoprotein Integrates a Program of EMT, Epigenetic Reprogramming and Immune Evasion in Human Carcinomas. Biochim Biophys Acta Rev Cancer. 2017;1868:117-122 pubmed publisher..This mini-review focuses on the potential importance of this MUC1-C program in cancer progression. ..
- Maeda T, Hiraki M, Jin C, Rajabi H, Tagde A, Alam M, et al. MUC1-C Induces PD-L1 and Immune Evasion in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer. Cancer Res. 2018;78:205-215 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 78(1); 205-15. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Rajabi H, Hiraki M, Kufe D. MUC1-C activates polycomb repressive complexes and downregulates tumor suppressor genes in human cancer cells. Oncogene. 2018;37:2079-2088 pubmed publisher..These findings emphasize the significance of MUC1-C as a therapeutic target for inhibiting aberrant PRC function and reprogramming the epigenome in human cancers. ..
- Kufe D. Functional targeting of the MUC1 oncogene in human cancers. Cancer Biol Ther. 2009;8:1197-203 pubmed
- Alam M, Bouillez A, Tagde A, Ahmad R, Rajabi H, Maeda T, et al. MUC1-C Represses the Crumbs Complex Polarity Factor CRB3 and Downregulates the Hippo Pathway. Mol Cancer Res. 2016;14:1266-1276 pubmed..These findings demonstrate a previously unrecognized role for the MUC1-C oncoprotein in the regulation of polarity and the Hippo pathway in breast cancer. Mol Cancer Res; 14(12); 1266-76. Â©2016 AACR. ..
- Shukla V, Dalela M, Vij M, Weichselbaum R, Kharbanda S, Ganguli M, et al. Systemic delivery of the tumor necrosis factor gene to tumors by a novel dual DNA-nanocomplex in a nanoparticle system. Nanomedicine. 2017;13:1833-1839 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate that the DNPs are effective in inducing apoptosis and anti-tumor activity. These findings support a novel immunotherapeutic approach for the intratumoral delivery of DNA vectors that express inflammatory cytokines. ..
- Rajabi H, Hiraki M, Tagde A, Alam M, Bouillez A, Christensen C, et al. MUC1-C activates EZH2 expression and function in human cancer cells. Sci Rep. 2017;7:7481 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight a previously unreported role for MUC1-C in activating EZH2 expression and function in cancer cells. ..