Robert S Holzman
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Perioperative care of adolescentsRobert S Holzman
Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 26:333-9. 2013..To describe adolescent development within the context of perioperative anesthetic management...
- Air embolism during intraoperative endoscopic localization and surgical resection for blue rubber bleb nevus syndromeRobert S Holzman
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Anesthesiology 102:1279-80. 2005
- An appreciation of Robert Moors Smith MD, an icon of pediatric anesthesiologyRobert S Holzman
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 20:767-70. 2010..His dedicated and earnest approach, reflected in tribute and in his own words, provide a window on pediatric anesthesia during its development into a recognized subspecialty in the 20th century...
- Unilateral Horner's syndrome and brachial plexus anesthesia during lumbar epidural blockadeRobert S Holzman
Department of Anesthesia, Newton Wellesley Hospital, Newton, MA, USA
J Clin Anesth 14:464-6. 2002..The patient described here experienced an asymmetrical epidural blockade with a unilateral Horner's syndrome and ipsilateral brachial plexus block...
- Awake caudal anesthesia for inguinal surgery in one conjoined twinChristian Seefelder
Department of Anesthesia, Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Anesth Analg 96:412-3, table of contents. 2003
- Iatrogenic hyperthermia during cardiac magnetic resonance imagingBarry D Kussman
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Anesth Analg 99:1053-5, table of contents. 2004..In addition to stressing the clinical importance of temperature monitoring, this report suggests that the recommended specific absorption rates to prevent excessive patient heating may need to be revised for infants and young children...
- Acupuncture management of pain and emergence agitation in children after bilateral myringotomy and tympanostomy tube insertionYuan Chi Lin
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 19:1096-101. 2009..To further investigate the effect of acupuncture in postoperative pain and emergence agitation in children undergoing bilateral myringotomy and tympanostomy tube (BMT) placement...
- Uncertainty by choice: anesthesia and the children of nightRobert S Holzman
Department of Anesthesia, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Anesth 14:46-51. 2002..The symbolism of mythology can guide the practitioner by recognizing, through allegory, the range of our own and our patients' fears...
- Regional anesthesia for a parturient with venous sinus thrombosis and placental abruption undergoing fractional heparin therapyRobert S Holzman
Department of Anesthesia, Newton Wellesley Hospital, Newton, Massachusetts, USA
Anesthesiology 105:423-4. 2006