FRANK S HODI
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Hodi F, O Day S, McDermott D, Weber R, Sosman J, Haanen J, et al. Improved survival with ipilimumab in patients with metastatic melanoma. N Engl J Med. 2010;363:711-23 pubmed publisher..Adverse events can be severe, long-lasting, or both, but most are reversible with appropriate treatment. (Funded by Medarex and Bristol-Myers Squibb; ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00094653.) ..
- Hodi F, Hwu W, Kefford R, Weber J, Daud A, Hamid O, et al. Evaluation of Immune-Related Response Criteria and RECIST v1.1 in Patients With Advanced Melanoma Treated With Pembrolizumab. J Clin Oncol. 2016;34:1510-7 pubmed publisher..1 might prevent premature cessation of treatment. ..
- Wu X, Giobbie Hurder A, Liao X, Lawrence D, McDermott D, Zhou J, et al. VEGF Neutralization Plus CTLA-4 Blockade Alters Soluble and Cellular Factors Associated with Enhancing Lymphocyte Infiltration and Humoral Recognition in Melanoma. Cancer Immunol Res. 2016;4:858-868 pubmed..IL1?, TNF?, and CXCL10, together with VEGF neutralization, contribute to Ipi-Bev-induced melanoma immune recognition. Cancer Immunol Res; 4(10); 858-68. ©2016 AACR. ..
- Hodi F, Chesney J, Pavlick A, Robert C, Grossmann K, McDermott D, et al. Combined nivolumab and ipilimumab versus ipilimumab alone in patients with advanced melanoma: 2-year overall survival outcomes in a multicentre, randomised, controlled, phase 2 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2016;17:1558-1568 pubmed publisher..The results suggest encouraging survival outcomes with immunotherapy in this population of patients. Bristol-Myers Squibb. ..
- Wu X, Giobbie Hurder A, Liao X, Connelly C, Connolly E, Li J, et al. Angiopoietin-2 as a Biomarker and Target for Immune Checkpoint Therapy. Cancer Immunol Res. 2017;5:17-28 pubmed publisher..Targeting ANGPT2 provides a rational combinatorial approach to improve the efficacy of immune therapy. Cancer Immunol Res; 5(1); 17-28. ©2016 AACR. ..
- Wu X, Li J, Connolly E, Liao X, Ouyang J, Giobbie Hurder A, et al. Combined Anti-VEGF and Anti-CTLA-4 Therapy Elicits Humoral Immunity to Galectin-1 Which Is Associated with Favorable Clinical Outcomes. Cancer Immunol Res. 2017;5:446-454 pubmed publisher..Gal-1 may offer an additional therapeutic target linking anti-angiogenesis and immune checkpoint blockade. Cancer Immunol Res; 5(6); 446-54. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Zhou J, Mahoney K, Giobbie Hurder A, Zhao F, Lee S, Liao X, et al. Soluble PD-L1 as a Biomarker in Malignant Melanoma Treated with Checkpoint Blockade. Cancer Immunol Res. 2017;5:480-492 pubmed publisher..Circulating sPD-L1 is a prognostic biomarker that may predict outcomes for subgroups of patients receiving checkpoint inhibitors. Cancer Immunol Res; 5(6); 480-92. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Hodi F, Oble D, Drappatz J, Velazquez E, Ramaiya N, Ramakrishna N, et al. CTLA-4 blockade with ipilimumab induces significant clinical benefit in a female with melanoma metastases to the CNS. Nat Clin Pract Oncol. 2008;5:557-61 pubmed publisher..The patient was treated with ipilimumab on a compassionate-use program and dexamethasone, celecoxib, and levetiracetam to treat the symptoms and seizures. Postoperative stereotactic radiosurgery was initiated. ..