Vivi M Heine
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Suppressed proliferation and apoptotic changes in the rat dentate gyrus after acute and chronic stress are reversibleVivi M Heine
Institute for Neurobiology, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, University of Amsterdam, Kruislaan 320, 1098 SM Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Neurosci 19:131-44. 2004..This may have important implications for our understanding of the reversibility of stress-related hippocampal volume changes, such as occur, for example, in depression...
- Acquisition of granule neuron precursor identity is a critical determinant of progenitor cell competence to form Shh-induced medulloblastomaUlrich Schüller
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 14:123-34. 2008..Thus, oncogenic Hh signaling promotes medulloblastoma from lineage-restricted granule cell progenitors...
- Chronic stress in the adult dentate gyrus reduces cell proliferation near the vasculature and VEGF and Flk-1 protein expressionVivi M Heine
Institute Neurobiology, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, University of Amsterdam, Kruislaan 320, 1098 SM Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Neurosci 21:1304-14. 2005..This demonstrates that changes in angiogenic factors are implicated in the decreased adult proliferation found after chronic stress...
- Prominent decline of newborn cell proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis in the aging dentate gyrus, in absence of an age-related hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis activationVivi M Heine
Institute for Neurobiology, Faculty of Science, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, University of Amsterdam, Kruislaan 320, 1098 SM, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neurobiol Aging 25:361-75. 2004..Surprisingly, we found no correlation between cell birth and corticosterone levels or stress response parameters in any age group...
- Effects of chronic stress on structure and cell function in rat hippocampus and hypothalamusMarian Joels
SILS CNS, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Stress 7:221-31. 2004..All of these endpoints provide potential targets for novel treatment strategies of stress-related brain disorders...
- Stress, depression and hippocampal apoptosisPaul J Lucassen
Centre for Neuroscience, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 5:531-46. 2006..Modulation of apoptosis and neurogenesis, by drugs interfering with stress components like MR and/or GR, and/or mediators of the cell death cascade, may therefore provide important drug targets for the modulation of mood and memory...
- Gene expression patterns in rat dentate granule cells: comparison between fresh and fixed tissueYongjun Qin
Section Neurobiology, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, University of Amsterdam, Kruislaan 320, 1098SM Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Neurosci Methods 131:205-11. 2003..The present approach validates expression profiling from small amounts of fixed neurons as a powerful tool to investigate molecular processes if fresh tissue is not available...
- Forkhead transcription factor FoxM1 regulates mitotic entry and prevents spindle defects in cerebellar granule neuron precursorsUlrich Schüller
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:8259-70. 2007....