Michael J Hassett
Affiliation: Harvard University
- What does breast cancer treatment cost and what is it worth?Michael J Hassett
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, 250 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 27:829-41, ix. 2013..Currently, patients and providers may not consider costs when making most treatment decisions; this is likely to change as payment reform spreads. ..
- Adoption of gene expression profile testing and association with use of chemotherapy among women with breast cancerMichael J Hassett
Center for Outcomes and Policy Research, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:2218-26. 2012..One of the first commercially available GEP tests, a 21-gene profile, was developed to estimate the benefit of adjuvant chemotherapy for hormone receptor-positive breast cancer (HR-positive BC)...
- Chemotherapy-related hospitalization among community cancer center patientsMichael J Hassett
Center for Outcomes and Policy Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Oncologist 16:378-87. 2011....
- Chemotherapy use for hormone receptor-positive, lymph node-negative breast cancerMichael J Hassett
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:5553-60. 2008....
- Regional variation in spending and survival for older adults with advanced cancerGabriel A Brooks
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 105:634-42. 2013..Medicare spending varies substantially across the United States. We evaluated the association between mean regional spending and survival in advanced cancer...
- Pathologic characteristics of second breast cancers after breast conservation for ductal carcinoma in situNils D Arvold
Harvard Radiation Oncology Program, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer 118:6022-30. 2012..The authors described the characteristics of SBC and examined associations between the pathologic features of SBC and index DCIS cases...
- Gene expression profile testing for breast cancer and the use of chemotherapy, serious adverse effects, and costs of careJennifer S Haas
Division of General Medicine and Primary Care, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 1620 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02120, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 130:619-26. 2011..While GEP testing was associated with an overall decrease in adjuvant chemotherapy, we did not find differences in serious chemotherapy-associated adverse events or charges during the 12 months following diagnosis...
- Selecting high priority quality measures for breast cancer quality improvementMichael J Hassett
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Med Care 46:762-70. 2008..We sought to develop a simple, explicit strategy for prioritizing breast cancer quality measures based on their potential to highlight areas where quality improvement efforts could most impact a population...
- Modeling the effectiveness of initial management strategies for ductal carcinoma in situDjøra I Soeteman
Center for Health Decision Science, Department of Health Policy and Management, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 105:774-81. 2013..We sought to quantify the tradeoffs among alternative management strategies for DCIS with respect to disease outcomes and breast preservation...
- Impact of oncology-related direct-to-consumer advertising: association with appropriate and inappropriate prescriptionsGregory A Abel
Division of Population Sciences, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Cancer 119:1065-72. 2013....
- Initiation of adjuvant hormone therapy by Medicaid insured women with nonmetastatic breast cancerRachel L Yung
Department of Medical Oncology, Center for Outcomes and Policy Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 104:1102-5. 2012..Partnerships between Medicaid programs and cancer registries may help identify at-risk women and facilitate the implementation of quality improvement strategies...
- Factors influencing changes in employment among women with newly diagnosed breast cancerMichael J Hassett
Center for Outcomes and Policy Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer 115:2775-82. 2009..The authors of this report assessed whether chemotherapy or radiation therapy was associated with a disruption in employment during the year after a breast cancer diagnosis...
- Behavioral health services for women who have breast cancerVanessa Azzone
Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:706-12. 2009....
- Frequency and cost of chemotherapy-related serious adverse effects in a population sample of women with breast cancerMichael J Hassett
Center for Outcomes and Policy Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, 454 STE 21, Boston, MA 02115 6084, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:1108-17. 2006..The number, nature, and costs of serious adverse effects experienced by younger women receiving chemotherapy for breast cancer outside of clinical trials are unknown...
- Genomic testing and therapies for breast cancer in clinical practiceJennifer S Haas
Division of General Medicine and Primary Care, Boston, MA 02120, USA
Am J Manag Care 17:e174-81. 2011....
- Use of annual mammography among older women with ductal carcinoma in situPhyllis Brawarsky
Division of General Medicine and Primary Care, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 1620 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02120 1613, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:500-5. 2012..As ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) is a risk factor for invasive breast cancer, ongoing annual mammography is important for cancer control, yet little is known about racial/ethnic and other disparities in use among older women with DCIS...
- Impact of neoadjuvant chemotherapy on breast reconstructionYue Yung Hu
Center for Surgery and Public Health, Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer 117:2833-41. 2011..Multiple studies have confirmed the safety of both chemotherapy before breast surgery and immediate reconstruction. Little has been written about the effect of neoadjuvant chemotherapy on decisions about reconstruction...