Michael J Hassett
Affiliation: Harvard University
- High-priority topics for cancer quality measure development: results of the 2012 american society of clinical oncology collaborative cancer measure summitMichael J Hassett
Dana Farber Cancer Institute Harvard Medical School Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA American Society of Clinical Oncology, Alexandria, VA Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH Center for Breast Health, Bethesda, MD and Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Oncol Pract 10:e160-6. 2014....
- What does breast cancer treatment cost and what is it worth?Michael J Hassett
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, 250 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 27:829-41, ix. 2013..Currently, patients and providers may not consider costs when making most treatment decisions; this is likely to change as payment reform spreads. ..
- Adoption of gene expression profile testing and association with use of chemotherapy among women with breast cancerMichael J Hassett
Center for Outcomes and Policy Research, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:2218-26. 2012..One of the first commercially available GEP tests, a 21-gene profile, was developed to estimate the benefit of adjuvant chemotherapy for hormone receptor-positive breast cancer (HR-positive BC)...
- Chemotherapy use for hormone receptor-positive, lymph node-negative breast cancerMichael J Hassett
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:5553-60. 2008....
- Chemotherapy-related hospitalization among community cancer center patientsMichael J Hassett
Center for Outcomes and Policy Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Oncologist 16:378-87. 2011....
- Regional variation in spending and survival for older adults with advanced cancerGabriel A Brooks
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 105:634-42. 2013..Medicare spending varies substantially across the United States. We evaluated the association between mean regional spending and survival in advanced cancer...
- Pathologic characteristics of second breast cancers after breast conservation for ductal carcinoma in situNils D Arvold
Harvard Radiation Oncology Program, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer 118:6022-30. 2012..The authors described the characteristics of SBC and examined associations between the pathologic features of SBC and index DCIS cases...
- Gene expression profile testing for breast cancer and the use of chemotherapy, serious adverse effects, and costs of careJennifer S Haas
Division of General Medicine and Primary Care, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 1620 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02120, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 130:619-26. 2011..While GEP testing was associated with an overall decrease in adjuvant chemotherapy, we did not find differences in serious chemotherapy-associated adverse events or charges during the 12 months following diagnosis...
- Selecting high priority quality measures for breast cancer quality improvementMichael J Hassett
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Med Care 46:762-70. 2008..We sought to develop a simple, explicit strategy for prioritizing breast cancer quality measures based on their potential to highlight areas where quality improvement efforts could most impact a population...
- Modeling the effectiveness of initial management strategies for ductal carcinoma in situDjøra I Soeteman
Center for Health Decision Science, Department of Health Policy and Management, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 105:774-81. 2013..We sought to quantify the tradeoffs among alternative management strategies for DCIS with respect to disease outcomes and breast preservation...
- Impact of oncology-related direct-to-consumer advertising: association with appropriate and inappropriate prescriptionsGregory A Abel
Division of Population Sciences, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Cancer 119:1065-72. 2013....
- Initiation of adjuvant hormone therapy by Medicaid insured women with nonmetastatic breast cancerRachel L Yung
Department of Medical Oncology, Center for Outcomes and Policy Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 104:1102-5. 2012..Partnerships between Medicaid programs and cancer registries may help identify at-risk women and facilitate the implementation of quality improvement strategies...
- Factors influencing changes in employment among women with newly diagnosed breast cancerMichael J Hassett
Center for Outcomes and Policy Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer 115:2775-82. 2009..The authors of this report assessed whether chemotherapy or radiation therapy was associated with a disruption in employment during the year after a breast cancer diagnosis...
- Behavioral health services for women who have breast cancerVanessa Azzone
Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:706-12. 2009....
- Frequency and cost of chemotherapy-related serious adverse effects in a population sample of women with breast cancerMichael J Hassett
Center for Outcomes and Policy Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, 454 STE 21, Boston, MA 02115 6084, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:1108-17. 2006..The number, nature, and costs of serious adverse effects experienced by younger women receiving chemotherapy for breast cancer outside of clinical trials are unknown...
- Genomic testing and therapies for breast cancer in clinical practiceJennifer S Haas
Division of General Medicine and Primary Care, Boston, MA 02120, USA
Am J Manag Care 17:e174-81. 2011....
- Use of annual mammography among older women with ductal carcinoma in situPhyllis Brawarsky
Division of General Medicine and Primary Care, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 1620 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02120 1613, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:500-5. 2012..As ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) is a risk factor for invasive breast cancer, ongoing annual mammography is important for cancer control, yet little is known about racial/ethnic and other disparities in use among older women with DCIS...
- Impact of neoadjuvant chemotherapy on breast reconstructionYue Yung Hu
Center for Surgery and Public Health, Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer 117:2833-41. 2011..Multiple studies have confirmed the safety of both chemotherapy before breast surgery and immediate reconstruction. Little has been written about the effect of neoadjuvant chemotherapy on decisions about reconstruction...