Affiliation: Harvard University
- The cognitive and behavioral phenotype of the 16p11.2 deletion in a clinically ascertained populationEllen Hanson
Division of Developmental Medicine, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts Electronic address
Biol Psychiatry 77:785-93. 2015..Deletion of the recurrent ~600 kb BP4-BP5 chromosomal region 16p11.2 has been associated with a wide range of neurodevelopmental outcomes...
- Brief report: prevalence of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder among individuals with an autism spectrum disorderEllen Hanson
Division of Developmental Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 43:1459-64. 2013..When both parent and teacher reports were considered, the comorbidity rate was even lower, at 2%...
- Use of complementary and alternative medicine among children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorderEllen Hanson
Developmental Medicine Center, Children s Hospital, Boston, Harvard Medical School, MA 02115, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 37:628-36. 2007..Conventional health care providers should be aware of the high prevalence of use among children with ASD and be prepared to discuss the use of CAM with families...
- Cognitive and behavioral characterization of 16p11.2 deletion syndromeEllen Hanson
Division of Developmental Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 31:649-57. 2010..To describe cognitive and behavioral features of patients with chromosome 16p11.2 deletion syndrome, a recently identified and common genetic cause of neurodevelopmental disability, especially autism spectrum disorder (ASD)...
- Deletions of NRXN1 (neurexin-1) predispose to a wide spectrum of developmental disordersMichael S L Ching
Division of Developmental Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 153:937-47. 2010..Our study indicates that deletions of NRXN1 predispose to a wide spectrum of developmental disorders...
- Addressing dental fear in children with autism spectrum disorders: a randomized controlled pilot study using electronic screen mediaInyang A Isong
1Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 53:230-7. 2014..Many children with ASD have a strong preference for visual stimuli, particularly electronic screen media. The use of visual teaching materials is a fundamental principle in designing educational programs for children with ASD...
- Characteristics and predictive value of blood transcriptome signature in males with autism spectrum disordersSek Won Kong
Informatics Program at the Harvard Massachusetts Institute of Technology Division of Health Sciences and Technology, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e49475. 2012..Further study is required to determine the age at which such a test should be deployed, and what genetic characteristics of ASD can be identified...