Affiliation: Harvard University
- Calcium regulates podocyte actin dynamicsAnna Greka
Division of Nephrology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 149 13th St, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Semin Nephrol 32:319-26. 2012....
- Cell biology and pathology of podocytesAnna Greka
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Annu Rev Physiol 74:299-323. 2012..Although we attempt to be comprehensive, our goal is not to capture every membrane-mediated pathway but rather to emphasize that this approach may be fruitful in understanding the podocyte and its unique properties...
- Balancing calcium signals through TRPC5 and TRPC6 in podocytesAnna Greka
Division of Nephrology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:1969-80. 2011....
- Antagonistic regulation of actin dynamics and cell motility by TRPC5 and TRPC6 channelsDequan Tian
Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Sci Signal 3:ra77. 2010..Our data unveil antagonistic Ca(2+) influx pathways as a conserved signaling mechanism for the integrated regulation of cell migration...
- SNF8, a member of the ESCRT-II complex, interacts with TRPC6 and enhances its channel activityRobert Carrasquillo
Division of Nephrology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Research North 304B, 99 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
BMC Cell Biol 13:33. 2012..The two large cytoplasmic segments of the cation channel play a critical role in the proper regulation of channel activity, and are involved in several protein-protein interactions...
- Metabolite profiling identifies markers of uremiaEugene P Rhee
Massachusetts General Hospital, 149 13th Street, 8th Floor, Boston, MA, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 21:1041-1051. 2010..In summary, this study demonstrates the application of metabolite profiling to identify markers of ESRD, provide perspective on uremic dyslipidemia, and broaden our understanding of the biochemical effects of hemodialysis...
- Induction of TRPC6 channel in acquired forms of proteinuric kidney diseaseClemens C Möller
Department of Medicine, Nephrology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, MGH East, 149 13th Street, Boston, MA 02129, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:29-36. 2007..These studies suggest the involvement of TRPC6 in the pathology of nongenetic forms of proteinuric disease...