Holly C Gooding
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Hypertension awareness and control among young adults in the national longitudinal study of adolescent healthHolly C Gooding
Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine, Boston Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA, 02115, USA
J Gen Intern Med 29:1098-104. 2014..Young adults are less likely than older adults to be aware they have hypertension or to be treated for hypertension...
- Diagnosing dysglycemia in adolescents with polycystic ovary syndromeHolly Catherine Gooding
Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts Electronic address
J Adolesc Health 55:79-84. 2014..Whether glycated hemoglobin (HbA1c) can be used for screening in this patient population is unknown. We sought to determine the utility of HbA1c and 2-hour OGTT for diagnosing dysglycemia in adolescents with PCOS...
- An educational intervention to increase internists' confidence with and provision of preventive services to adolescents and young adultsHolly C Gooding
Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine, Boston Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Teach Learn Med 24:321-6. 2012..Internal medicine (IM) physicians report inadequate preparation to care for adolescents and young adults...
- Food insecurity and increased BMI in young adult womenHolly C Gooding
Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine, Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 20:1896-901. 2012..Providers should inquire about food insecurity, especially when treating obesity, and policy initiatives should address the role of access to healthy food in those facing food insecurity...
- Cardiovascular risk assessment and cholesterol management in adolescents: getting to the heart of the matterHolly C Gooding
Division of Adolescent Young Adult Medicine, Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 22:398-404. 2010..Guidelines for the detection and treatment of hypercholesterolemia differ for children and adults. This review highlights these differences and discusses special considerations for cholesterol management in the adolescent population...
- Television viewing is not predictive of BMI in Black and Hispanic young adult femalesTracy K Richmond
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:1015-20. 2010..Among black and Hispanic females, counseling to decrease TV viewing may be important but insufficient for promoting weight loss...
- Sexual Orientation Disparities in BMI among US Adolescents and Young Adults in Three Race/Ethnicity GroupsSabra L Katz-Wise
Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Obes 2014:537242. 2014..Sexual orientation disparities in BMI are a public health concern across race/ethnicity groups. Interventions addressing unhealthy weight gain in youth must be relevant for all sexual orientations and race/ethnicities. ..