Affiliation: Harvard University
- Longitudinal association of alcohol use with HIV disease progression and psychological health of women with HIVMusie Ghebremichael
Department of Biostatistics, Harvard University and Dana Farber Cancer Center, Boston, MA, USA
AIDS Care 21:834-41. 2009..Moreover, depression is associated with HIV disease progression. Our findings have implications for the provision of alcohol use interventions and psychological resources to improve the health of women with HIV...
- Nonparametric estimation of mean residual functionsMusie Ghebremichael
Department of Biostatistics, Harvard University, Boston, MA, USA
Lifetime Data Anal 15:107-19. 2009..The proposed estimators are illustrated using a real data set from a cancer clinical trial study...
- Alcohol abuse, sexual risk behaviors, and sexually transmitted infections in women in Moshi urban district, northern TanzaniaMusie Ghebremichael
Harvard University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Sex Transm Dis 36:102-7. 2009..To assess the covariates of alcohol abuse and the association between alcohol abuse, high-risk sexual behaviors and sexually transmitted infections (STIs)...
- High risk behaviors and sexually transmitted infections among men in TanzaniaMusie Ghebremichael
Department of Biostatistics, Harvard University School of Public Health and Dana Farber Cancer Center, 3 Blackfan Circle, Boston, MA 02115, USA
AIDS Behav 15:1026-32. 2011..Effective STI prevention programs in sub-Saharan Africa should have components aimed at addressing modifiable risk behaviors in men...
- Association of age at first sex with HIV-1, HSV-2, and other sexual transmitted infections among women in northern TanzaniaMusie Ghebremichael
Department of Biostatistics, Harvard University School of Public Health and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 3 Blackfan Circle, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Sex Transm Dis 36:570-6. 2009..To examine the association between age at first sex and the prevalence of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), including HIV-1 and HSV-2, in women in Moshi urban district, northern Tanzania...
- Deciphering the epidemic synergy of herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2) on human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection among women in sub-Saharan AfricaMusie Ghebremichael
Harvard Medical School and Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT and Harvard, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
BMC Res Notes 5:451. 2012..The objective of our study was to identify the risk factors of HSV-2 and HIV-1 infections and to examine the association between the two infections...
- Generation of tumor-specific T lymphocytes using dendritic cell/tumor fusions and anti-CD3/CD28Jacalyn Rosenblatt
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Immunother 33:155-66. 2010..These findings indicate that stimulation with DC/tumor fusions provides a unique platform for subsequent expansion with anti-CD3/CD28 in adoptive T-cell therapy of cancer...
- The efficacy of the novel dual PI3-kinase/mTOR inhibitor NVP-BEZ235 compared with rapamycin in renal cell carcinomaDaniel C Cho
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:3628-38. 2010....
- A risk-factor guided approach to reducing lactic acidosis and hyperlactatemia in patients on antiretroviral therapyLynn T Matthews
Division of Infectious Disease, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e18736. 2011..The use of zidovudine instead of stavudine in higher-risk patients to reduce the likelihood of lactic acidosis and hyperlactatemia (LAHL) has not been examined...
- Factors predicting discordant virological and immunological responses to antiretroviral therapy in HIV-1 clade C infected Zulu/Xhosa in South AfricaBoris Julg
Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT and Harvard, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e31161. 2012..These data suggest that greater efforts are needed to identify and treat HAART-eligible patients prior to severe CD4 cell decline or achievement of advanced age...
- Carbonic anhydrase IX expression in renal neoplasms: correlation with tumor type and gradeElizabeth M Genega
Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 134:873-9. 2010..01) cases. An association between CAIX expression and grade (P < .01) in primary clear cell carcinomas was found. CAIX expression is more common in clear cell RCC than other renal tumor types and is associated with grade...
- p63 promotes cell survival through fatty acid synthaseVenkata Sabbisetti
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e5877. 2009..Taken together, our findings demonstrate that FASN is a functionally relevant target of p63 and is required for mediating its pro-survival effects...
- DNA-MVA vaccine protection after X4 SHIV challenge in macaques correlates with day-of-challenge antiviral CD4+ cell-mediated immunity levels and postchallenge preservation of CD4+ T cell memoryMariana Manrique
Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 24:505-19. 2008....