Rebecca P Gelber
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Association between body mass index and CKD in apparently healthy menRebecca P Gelber
Division of Aging, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02120, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 46:871-80. 2005..Conversely, their association with the development of CKD is less clear...
- Patient ethnicity and use of venous thromboembolism prophylaxisRebecca P Gelber
Department of Medicine, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, 96813, USA
Int J Qual Health Care 18:23-9. 2006..However, physicians vary in their strategies to prevent venous thromboembolism. We evaluated whether the use of venous thromboembolism prophylaxis after orthopedic surgery is related to patient ethnicity...
- Ethnic disparities in breast cancer management among Asian Americans and Pacific IslandersRebecca P Gelber
Massachusetts Veterans Epidemiology Research and Information Center, VA Boston Healthcare System, Harvard Medical School, 150 S Huntington Avenue, 151MAV, Boston, Massachusetts 02130, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 13:977-84. 2006..Little is known about breast cancer management among Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI)...
- A prospective study of body mass index and the risk of developing hypertension in menRebecca P Gelber
Division of Aging, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Hypertens 20:370-7. 2007..Although obesity is known to increase the risk of hypertension, few studies have prospectively evaluated body mass index (BMI) across the range of normal weight and overweight as a primary risk factor...
- Antihypertensive medication use and risk of cognitive impairment: the Honolulu-Asia Aging StudyRebecca P Gelber
VA Pacific Islands Health Care System, University of Hawaii John A Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu, HI, USA
Neurology 81:888-95. 2013..To determine the associations between classes of antihypertensive medication use and the risk of cognitive impairment among elderly hypertensive men...
- Measures of obesity and cardiovascular risk among men and womenRebecca P Gelber
Division of Aging, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02120, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 52:605-15. 2008....
- Antihypertensive adherence and drug class among Asian Pacific AmericansDeborah A Taira
Hawaii Medical Service Association, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Ethn Health 12:265-81. 2007..The objective of this study is to identify predictors of adherence for specific groups, particularly Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders...
- Development of a risk score for colorectal cancer in menJane A Driver
The Brigham and Women s Hospital Divisions of Aging, Boston, Mass 02120, USA
Am J Med 120:257-63. 2007..Colorectal cancer is a common and preventable disease for which screening rates remain unacceptably low...
- The Honolulu-Asia Aging Study: epidemiologic and neuropathologic research on cognitive impairmentRebecca P Gelber
Kuakini Medical Center, Honolulu, HI, USA
Curr Alzheimer Res 9:664-72. 2012..Each lesion type is viewed as representing a distinct underlying pathogenic process. Their summed influences is an especially robust correlate of dementia in the months and years prior to death...
- Coffee intake in midlife and risk of dementia and its neuropathologic correlatesRebecca P Gelber
Honolulu Asia Aging Study at Kuakini Medical Center, VA Pacific Islands Healthcare System, Honolulu, HI, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 23:607-15. 2011....
- Risk factors for venous thromboembolism in Japan: a hospital-based case-control studyHwee Yong Lim
Department of Medicine, University of Hawai i John A Burns School of Medicine, 1356 Lusitana Street, 7th Fl Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Hawaii Med J 66:236-9. 2007..While inherited thrombophilias occur infrequently among Asians, the distribution of other VTE risk factors in these populations remains unclear...
- Prevalence of venous thromboembolism at a teaching hospital in Okinawa, JapanMitsumasa Kishimoto
Division of Rheumatology, New York University, USA
Thromb Haemost 93:876-9. 2005..31% vs. 0.08%; OR 3.88; 95%CI 1.45-6.31). We found a low prevalence of VTE in Japan compared to that reported in the US. Future studies are needed to clarify the reasons for our findings...
- Blood pressure measures and risk of chronic kidney disease in menElke S Schaeffner
Department of Medicine, Charite Campus Virchow, Berlin, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:1246-51. 2008..High blood pressure (BP) has been associated with a decrease in kidney function. However, it remains unclear which BP measure best predicts impaired kidney function...