Affiliation: Harvard University
- gPS navigates germ cells to pluripotencyNiels Geijsen
Massachusetts General Hospital Center for Regenerative Medicine and Cancer Center, Harvard Stem Cell Institute, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Cell Stem Cell 5:3-4. 2009..In this issue of Cell Stem Cell, Ko et al. (2009) reproducibly generate pluripotent cell lines from murine testes and unequivocally demonstrate their origin from spermatogonial stem cells...
- An ES-like pluripotent state in FGF-dependent murine iPS cellsBruno Di Stefano
Stem Cells and Neurogenesis Unit, Division of Neuroscience, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
PLoS ONE 5:e16092. 2010..Our findings suggest that in 129 and Bl6 mouse strains, iPSCs can dominantly adopt a naive pluripotent state regardless of culture growth factor conditions...
- The growth factor environment defines distinct pluripotent ground states in novel blastocyst-derived stem cellsYu Fen Chou
Harvard Stem Cell Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital, Center for Regenerative Medicine, CPZN 4256, 185 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Cell 135:449-61. 2008..We demonstrate that the culture growth factor environment and cell-cell interaction play a critical role in defining several unique and stable stem cell ground states...
- Seminal discoveries in regenerative medicine: contributions of the male germ line to understanding pluripotencyNiels Geijsen
Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Center for Regenerative Medicine and Technology, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:R16-22. 2008....
- Different flavors of pluripotency, molecular mechanisms, and practical implicationsChrista Buecker
Center for Regenerative Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, CPZN 4256, 185 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Cell Stem Cell 7:559-64. 2010..Recent findings demonstrate that the naive and primed pluripotent states are interconvertible, even in human cells, and hint that growth factor-mediated Nanog expression may be an important factor regulating the balance between them...
- In vitro generation of germ cells from murine embryonic stem cellsJason A West
Graduate Program of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Protoc 1:2026-36. 2006..It serves as a platform for studying the poorly understood process of germ cell allocation, imprint erasure and gamete formation, with 4-6 weeks being required to isolate PGCs as well as haploid cells...
- In vitro generation of germ cells: new techniques to solve current issuesJoshua M Baughman
Graduate Program of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1061:33-40. 2005..In this review the different methods used for the in vitro generation of germ cells and how these techniques may be improved and applied to further advance our knowledge of germ-cell biology are discussed...
- Male germ cellsNiels Geijsen
Harvard Stem Cell Institute, Center for Regenerative Medicine and Technology, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Methods Enzymol 418:307-14. 2006..This chapter details methods for in vitro derivation of germ lineage elements and discusses potential applications of these techniques in germ cell research...
- A murine ESC-like state facilitates transgenesis and homologous recombination in human pluripotent stem cellsChrista Buecker
Center for Regenerative Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Cell Stem Cell 6:535-46. 2010..Finally, we demonstrate that the hLR5 state facilitates gene targeting, and as such provides a powerful tool for the generation of recombinant human pluripotent stem cell lines...