Katharine C Garvey
Affiliation: Harvard University
- The Impact of Technology on Current Diabetes ManagementKatharine Garvey
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Boston Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, 25 Shattuck St, Boston, MA 02115, USA Electronic address
Pediatr Clin North Am 62:873-88. 2015..Trials of closed loop or "artificial pancreas" technology show great promise to automate insulin delivery and achieve near normal glucose control and reduced hypoglycemia with minimal patient intervention. ..
- Health care transition in patients with type 1 diabetes: young adult experiences and relationship to glycemic controlKatharine C Garvey
Division of Endocrinology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Diabetes Care 35:1716-22. 2012..To examine characteristics of the transition from pediatric to adult care in emerging adults with type 1 diabetes and evaluate associations between transition characteristics and glycemic control...
- Transition to adult care for youth with type 1 diabetesKatharine C Garvey
Endocrinology, Boston Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Curr Diab Rep 12:533-41. 2012..We review both observational and interventional literature over the past several years, with a focus on new research. In addition, important areas for future research are outlined...
- Health care transition in young adults with type 1 diabetes: barriers to timely establishment of adult diabetes careKatharine C Garvey
Division of Endocrinology, Boston Children s Hospital
Endocr Pract 19:946-52. 2013..To examine barriers to health care transition reported by young adults with type 1 diabetes and associations between barriers and prolonged gaps between pediatric and adult diabetes care...
- Graduate medical education in humanism and professionalism: a needs assessment survey of pediatric gastroenterology fellowsKatharine C Garvey
Division of Endocrinology, Boston Children s Hospital Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Children s Hospital Cancer Center Department of Medicine, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, MA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 58:34-7. 2014..These results may guide curricula to formalize humanism and professionalism education in pediatric gastroenterology fellowships. ..