Affiliation: Harvard University
- Dabigatran: review of pharmacology and management of bleeding complications of this novel oral anticoagulantMichael Ganetsky
Department of Emergency Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, WCC 2, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Med Toxicol 7:281-7. 2011..We present an article that reviews the pharmacokinetics, clinical trial literature, and consensus guidelines regarding this novel oral anticoagulant...
- Effect of excipients on acetaminophen metabolism and its implications for prevention of liver injuryMichael Ganetsky
Department of Emergency Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 53:413-20. 2013..A less hepatotoxic formulation of acetaminophen could potentially be developed if co-formulated with a CYP2E1 inhibitor...
- Hemorrhagic complications in emergency department patients who are receiving dabigatran compared with warfarinRussell Berger
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 61:475-9. 2013..The study objective is to describe the course of bleeding complications in patients admitted through the ED who are prescribed dabigatran in comparison with warfarin therapy...
- Toxicity of energy drinksBrian J Wolk
Division of Medical Toxicology, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Massachusetts, Massachusetts, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 24:243-51. 2012..Caffeine may raise blood pressure, disrupt adolescent sleep patterns, exacerbate psychiatric disease, cause physiologic dependence, and increase the risk of subsequent addiction...
- Serotonin syndrome in dextromethorphan ingestion responsive to propofol therapyMichael Ganetsky
Division of Medical Toxicology, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 23:829-31. 2007..Confirmatory analysis demonstrated a dextromethorphan serum concentration of 930 ng/mL. Dextromethorphan can produce serotonin syndrome in the absence of another serotonergic drug...