T F Franke
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Direct regulation of the Akt proto-oncogene product by phosphatidylinositol-3,4-bisphosphateT F Franke
ABL Basic Research Program, National Cancer Institute Frederick Cancer Research Facility and Development Center NCI FCRFDC, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Science 275:665-8. 1997..Thus, Akt is apparently regulated by the direct interaction of PtdIns-3,4-P2 with the Akt PH domain...
- Akt activation preserves cardiac function and prevents injury after transient cardiac ischemia in vivoT Matsui
Program in Cardiovascular Gene Therapy, CVRC, Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Circulation 104:330-5. 2001..Akt may represent an important nodal target for therapy in ischemic and other heart disease...
- Ca2+-induced apoptosis through calcineurin dephosphorylation of BADH G Wang
The Burnham Institute, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Science 284:339-43. 1999..Thus, a Ca2+-inducible mechanism for apoptosis induction operates by regulating BAD phosphorylation and localization in cells...
- Regulation of cell death protease caspase-9 by phosphorylationM H Cardone
Program on Apoptosis and Cell Death Research, The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Science 282:1318-21. 1998..Mutant pro-Casp9(Ser196Ala) was resistant to Akt-mediated phosphorylation and inhibition in vitro and in cells, resulting in Akt-resistant induction of apoptosis. Thus, caspases can be directly regulated by protein phosphorylation...
- Regulation of endothelium-derived nitric oxide production by the protein kinase AktD Fulton
Department of Pharmacology, Boyer Center for Molecular Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06536, USA
Nature 399:597-601. 1999..Thus, eNOS is a newly described Akt substrate linking signal transduction by Akt to the release of the gaseous second messenger NO...
- The AKT kinase is activated in multiple myeloma tumor cellsJ Hsu
Department of Medicine and Pathology, West Los Angeles Veterans Administration Medical Center and Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Blood 98:2853-5. 2001..These results indicate that activation of the AKT kinase is a characteristic of MM cells and suggest that AKT activity is important for MM cell expansion...
- AH/PH domain-mediated interaction between Akt molecules and its potential role in Akt regulationK Datta
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111
Mol Cell Biol 15:2304-10. 1995..Addition of maltose-binding protein-AH/PH fusion recombinant protein, which is expected to bind Akt, to the immunoprecipitates from serum-starved cells induced the activation of the Akt kinase...
- The protein kinase encoded by the Akt proto-oncogene is a target of the PDGF-activated phosphatidylinositol 3-kinaseT F Franke
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Cell 81:727-36. 1995..These results identify Akt as a novel target of PI 3-kinase and suggest that the Akt PH domain may be a mediator of PI 3-kinase signaling...
- Akt phosphorylates and negatively regulates apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1A H Kim
Molecular Neurobiology Program, Skirball Institute for Biomolecular Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:893-901. 2001..These results provide the first direct link between Akt and the family of stress-activated kinases...
- Raf-MEK-Erk cascade in anoikis is controlled by Rac1 and Cdc42 via AktO Zugasti
, CNRS UMR5535, F-34293 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Mol Cell Biol 21:6706-17. 2001..Our data demonstrate that the GTPases of the Rho family control three major components of cellular signal transduction, namely, p53, Akt, and Erks, which collaborate in the induction of apoptosis due to the loss of anchorage...
- Characterization of a novel isoform of caspase-9 that inhibits apoptosisJ M Angelastro
Department of Pathology, Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 276:12190-200. 2001..Taken together, our observations indicate that casp-9-CTD acts as a dominant-negative variant. Its expression in various tissues indicates a physiological role in regulating cell death...
- Overexpression of Akt inhibits NGF-induced growth arrest and neuronal differentiation of PC12 cellsO S Bang
Department of Biology, College of Natural Sciences, Kyungpook National University, Taegu 702-701, Korea
J Cell Sci 114:81-88. 2001..In summary, our results indicate that Akt overrides the growth-arresting effect of NGF and thereby, negatively regulates neuronal differentiation...
- AKT2, a putative oncogene encoding a member of a subfamily of protein-serine/threonine kinases, is amplified in human ovarian carcinomasJ Q Cheng
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:9267-71. 1992..We conclude that AKT2 belongs to a distinct subfamily of protein-serine/threonine kinases containing Src homology 2-like domains and that alterations of AKT2 may contribute to the pathogenesis of ovarian carcinomas...
- Structure, expression and chromosomal mapping of c-akt: relationship to v-akt and its implicationsA Bellacosa
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111
Oncogene 8:745-54. 1993..c-akt was mapped by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) to mouse chromosome 12 and rat chromosome 6 in close proximity to the Igh locus...
- The SH2-like Akt homology (AH) domain of c-akt is present in multiple copies in the genome of vertebrate and invertebrate eucaryotes. Cloning and characterization of the Drosophila melanogaster c-akt homolog Dakt1T F Franke
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111
Oncogene 9:141-8. 1994..The high degree of homology between the catalytic domains of Dkt1 and the three known members of the Drosophila PKC family suggests an evolutionarily conserved functional relationship between the members of the two families...
- Astrocyte elevated gene-1 activates cell survival pathways through PI3K-Akt signalingS G Lee
Department of Urology, Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbia University Medical Center, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Oncogene 27:1114-21. 2008..Activation of survival pathways may be one mechanism by which AEG-1 exerts its oncogenic properties...