Alan J Flint
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Whole grains and incident hypertension in menAlan J Flint
Department of Epidemiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 90:493-8. 2009..Prospective data on the relation between whole grain intake and incident hypertension in men are limited, and no previous studies have quantitatively estimated total grams of whole grains in relation to risk of hypertension...
- Excess weight and the risk of incident coronary heart disease among men and womenAlan J Flint
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:377-83. 2010..A substantial proportion of incident CHD may be attributed to excess weight...
- Vigorous-intensity leisure-time physical activity and risk of major chronic disease in menAndrea K Chomistek
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 44:1898-905. 2012..The objective of this study was to examine the relationship between vigorous-intensity physical activity, compared with moderate-intensity activity, and risk of major chronic disease in men...
- Prospective study of breakfast eating and incident coronary heart disease in a cohort of male US health professionalsLeah E Cahill
Harvard School of Public Health, 655 Huntington Ave, Bldg II, Room 349, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circulation 128:337-43. 2013..However, it remains unknown whether specific eating habits regardless of dietary composition influence coronary heart disease (CHD) risk. The objective of this study was to prospectively examine eating habits and risk of CHD...
- Commentary: Obesity and cardiovascular disease risk among the young and old--is BMI the wrong benchmark?Alan J Flint
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Int J Epidemiol 35:187-9. 2006