Eric W Fleegler
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Firearm legislation and firearm-related fatalities in the United StatesEric W Fleegler
Division of Emergency Medicine, Boston Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
JAMA Intern Med 173:732-40. 2013..Over 30,000 people die annually in the United States from injuries caused by firearms. Although most firearm laws are enacted by states, whether the laws are associated with rates of firearm deaths is uncertain...
- Families' health-related social problems and missed referral opportunitiesEric W Fleegler
Division of Emergency Medicine, MA 001, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pediatrics 119:e1332-41. 2007....
- Youths' health-related social problems: concerns often overlooked during the medical visitAreej Hassan
Division of Adolescent Young Adult Medicine, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Adolesc Health 53:265-71. 2013....
- Perforated appendicitis in a child with Henoch-Schönlein purpuraBryce A Binstadt
Rheumatology Program, Division of Immunology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pediatr Surg 40:E24-7. 2005..This case is also the first report of perforated appendicitis in HSP. Clinical vigilance and serial physical and ultrasonographic examinations are needed to detect conditions necessitating surgery in patients with HSP...
- Chronic ventilator need in the community: a 2005 pediatric census of MassachusettsRobert J Graham
Division of Critical Care, Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative, and Pain Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115 5724, USA
Pediatrics 119:e1280-7. 2007..The purpose of this study was to describe the population of children with chronic mechanical ventilation in Massachusetts and their patterns of medical care...
- Using technology to improve adolescent healthcareAreej Hassan
Division of Adolescent Young Adult Medicine, Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 22:412-7. 2010..To provide an overview of current technologies available for use in a primary healthcare setting, common indications for their use, and their effects on clinical practice...
- Assessing and referring adolescents' health-related social problems: qualitative evaluation of a novel web-based approachSarah A Wylie
Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Telemed Telecare 18:392-8. 2012..The system complemented provider visits and preserved privacy while improving attention to patient needs. Computerized screening and referral tools have potential to improve the quality of care in vulnerable young adults...