Laurie B Fisher
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Household smoking restrictions and adolescent smokingLaurie B Fisher
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Health Promot 22:15-21. 2007..To examine the association between household smoking restrictions and adolescent smoking, controlling for parental smoking, peer smoking, and tobacco marketing...
- Predictors of initiation of alcohol use among US adolescents: findings from a prospective cohort studyLaurie B Fisher
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 181 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161:959-66. 2007..To identify precursors of adolescent alcohol initiation and binge drinking...
- Sexual orientation and tobacco use in a cohort study of US adolescent girls and boysS Bryn Austin
Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine, Children s Hospital, Channing Laboratory, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 158:317-22. 2004..To examine sexual-orientation group disparities in tobacco use in adolescent girls and boys...
- State tobacco excise taxes and adolescent smoking behaviors in the United StatesCarey Conley Thomson
Pulmonary and Critical Care Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 10:490-6. 2004..These results support the inclusion of tobacco taxes in state tobacco control programs...
- Sexual orientation, gender, and alcohol use in a cohort study of U.S. adolescent girls and boysNajat J Ziyadeh
Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine, Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 87:119-30. 2007..Sexual minority youth may be at elevated risk for alcohol use relative to heterosexual youth, but the reasons underlying higher rates and whether there may be gender differences in risk are not known...
- Sexual orientation disparities in longitudinal alcohol use patterns among adolescents: findings from the Growing Up Today StudyHeather L Corliss
Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 162:1071-8. 2008..To compare sexual orientation group differences in the longitudinal development of alcohol use behaviors during adolescence...
- Association of adolescent cigar use with other high-risk behaviorsA L Frazier
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pediatrics 106:E26. 2000..To describe the association of cigar use with use of cigarettes, smokeless tobacco, and alcohol among adolescents; and to examine the association of self-esteem, physical activity, and use of tobacco promotional items with cigar use...