Josef E Fischer
Affiliation: Harvard University
- On the uniqueness of surgeryJosef E Fischer
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Surg 189:259-63. 2005..On the other hand, barber surgeons were relatively unskilled and unrewarded, at a much lower class in society, and laid hands on the patient by draining abscesses, cauterizing, dealing with bladder stones, etc...
- The impending disappearance of the general surgeonJosef E Fischer
Department of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
JAMA 298:2191-3. 2007
- Special commentary on the role of government in health care: a societal issueJosef E Fischer
Harvard Medical School, 110 Francis Street, Suite 9F, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Surg 191:162-4. 2006
- Nutritional support: we have failed in our ability to support patients with sepsis and cancerJosef E Fischer
Harvard Medical School, Renaissance Park, 1135 Tremont Street, Suite 511 512, Boston, MA 02120, USA
Surg Clin North Am 91:641-51. 2011..Myostatin and lipokine, newly discovered factors, may also play a role...
- A cautionary note: the use of vacuum-assisted closure systems in the treatment of gastrointestinal cutaneous fistula may be associated with higher mortality from subsequent fistula developmentJosef E Fischer
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Surg 196:1-2. 2008..Although the numbers are small, it also raises the question that development of a fistula in a patient treated with VAC may result in higher mortality...
- Socioeconomic activism in a changing medical workplaceJosef E Fischer
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Surg 185:6-9. 2003..All of these assumptions are incorrect. We must be at the table the next time around and we must be prepared for the crisis of access that will bring about societies' dealings with these important issues...
- How I do it: gastrointestinal cutaneous fistulasChristeen Osborn
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 1135 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 13:2068-73. 2009..Using these principles, the last 50 cases at our personal series have been done without mortality...
- Staying alive: strategies for accountable health careStuart G Marcus
Department of Surgery, The Frank H Netter, M D, School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University, St Vincent s Medical Center, Bridgeport, CT 06606, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 16:927-34. 2012..The recognition of shared values among the diverse constituents affected by health care policy changes will best prepare surgeons to control their own destiny and successfully manage new challenges as they emerge...
- Enhancing the current broad-based training system and its necessityJosef E Fischer
Beth Israel Deaconness Medical Center, 110 Francis St, Suite 9F, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am Surg 73:130-5. 2007
- Continuity of care: a casualty of the 80-hour work weekJosef E Fischer
Department of Surgery, Harvard Medical School and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts. 02215, USA
Acad Med 79:381-3. 2004....
- Current management of enterocutaneous fistulaAmy R Evenson
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 10:455-64. 2006....
- Current management of intestinal fistulasJustin A Maykel
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Adv Surg 37:283-99. 2003
- Colonel PeteJosef E Fischer
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Surgery 133:589-91. 2003
- Festschrift for Josef E. Fischer, MDPer Olof Hasselgren
Department of Surgery, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 231 Albert Sabin Way (PO Box 670558, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267-0558, USA
Am J Surg 183:325-492. 2002
- The use of intraservice work per unit of time (IWPUT) and the building block method (BBM) for the calculation of surgical workCharles D Mabry
American College of Surgeons, General Surgery Coding and Reimbursement Committee, Chicago, IL, USA
Ann Surg 241:929-38; discussion 938-40. 2005....
- They will sell you the ropeJosef E Fischer
Surgery 133:356-7. 2003