Andrew M Fine
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Large-scale validation of the Centor and McIsaac scores to predict group A streptococcal pharyngitisAndrew M Fine
Department of Medicine, Division of Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Arch Intern Med 172:847-52. 2012..We perform a national-scale validation of the prediction models on a large, geographically diverse population...
- Use of population health data to refine diagnostic decision-making for pertussisAndrew M Fine
Division of Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston and Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 17:85-90. 2010..To improve identification of pertussis cases by developing a decision model that incorporates recent, local, population-level disease incidence...
- Incorporating vaccine-preventable disease surveillance into the National Health Information Network: leveraging children's hospitalsAndrew M Fine
Division of Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pediatrics 118:1431-8. 2006..The purpose of this study was to assess the current practice and feasibility of developing a nationwide network of children's hospitals to conduct surveillance for vaccine preventable diseases...
- Linking surveillance to action: incorporation of real-time regional data into a medical decision ruleAndrew M Fine
Division of Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 14:206-11. 2007..We incorporate data about recent local trends in meningitis epidemiology into a prediction model differentiating aseptic from bacterial meningitis...
- Parent-driven technology for decision support in pediatric emergency careAndrew M Fine
Division of Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital, Boston, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 35:307-15. 2009....
- Integrating spatial epidemiology into a decision model for evaluation of facial palsy in childrenAndrew M Fine
Division of Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 165:61-7. 2011..To develop a novel diagnostic algorithm for Lyme disease among children with facial palsy by integrating public health surveillance data with traditional clinical predictors...
- Clinical predictors of Lyme disease among children with a peripheral facial palsy at an emergency department in a Lyme disease-endemic areaLise E Nigrovic
Division of Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Pediatrics 122:e1080-5. 2008..Although Lyme disease can cause peripheral facial palsy in Lyme disease-endemic areas, diagnostic predictors in children have not been described...
- Improved diagnostic accuracy of group A streptococcal pharyngitis with use of real-time biosurveillanceAndrew M Fine
Harvard Medical School, Harvard MIT Health Sciences and Technology, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Intern Med 155:345-52. 2011..Clinical prediction rules do not incorporate real-time incidence data to adjust estimates of disease risk in symptomatic patients...
- Is it influenza or anthrax? A decision analytic approach to the treatment of patients with influenza-like illnessesAndrew M Fine
Division of Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Ann Emerg Med 43:318-28. 2004..We analyze the risks and benefits of alternative treatment strategies for non-septic-appearing febrile patients with influenza-like illnesses and possible exposure to anthrax...
- Risks of radiation versus risks from injury: a clinical decision analysis for the management of penetrating palatal trauma in childrenKara E Hennelly
Division of Emergency Medicine, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Laryngoscope 123:1279-84. 2013....
- Trends in the management of viral meningitis at United States children's hospitalsLise E Nigrovic
Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Medicine, Boston Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Pediatrics 131:670-6. 2013..To determine trends in the diagnosis and management of children with viral meningitis at US children's hospitals...