Affiliation: Harvard University
- Role of plasma kallikrein in diabetes and metabolismE P Feener
Edward P Feener, PhD, Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA, Tel 1 617 309 2599, Fax 1 617 309 2637, E mail
Thromb Haemost 110:434-41. 2013..The review summarises the mechanisms that contribute to PK activation and its emerging role in diabetes and metabolism. ..
- Plasma kallikrein and diabetic macular edemaEdward P Feener
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Curr Diab Rep 10:270-5. 2010..Emerging evidence suggests that plasma kallikrein inhibitors may provide a new therapeutic opportunity to reduce retinal vascular permeability...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of Jak2 in the JH2 domain inhibits cytokine signalingEdward P Feener
Joslin Proteomics Core, Joslin Diabetes Center, 1 Joslin Pl, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:4968-78. 2004..This Tyr(570)-dependent mechanism of Jak2 inhibition likely represents an important mechanism by which cytokine function is regulated...
- Label-free quantitative analysis of one-dimensional PAGE LC/MS/MS proteome: application on angiotensin II-stimulated smooth muscle cells secretomeBen Bo Gao
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 7:2399-409. 2008....
- Characterization of the vitreous proteome in diabetes without diabetic retinopathy and diabetes with proliferative diabetic retinopathyBen Bo Gao
Research Division, Beetham Eye Institute, Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Proteome Res 7:2516-25. 2008..These data provide an in depth analysis of the human vitreous proteome and reveal protein alterations that are associated with PDR...
- Extracellular carbonic anhydrase mediates hemorrhagic retinal and cerebral vascular permeability through prekallikrein activationBen Bo Gao
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Nat Med 13:181-8. 2007..Inhibition of extracellular CA-I and kallikrein-mediated innate inflammation could provide new therapeutic opportunities for the treatment of hemorrhage-induced retinal and cerebral edema...
- Angiotensin II stimulates phosphorylation of an ectodomain-truncated platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta and its binding to class IA PI3K in vascular smooth muscle cellsBen Bo Gao
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Biochem J 397:337-44. 2006..Our result suggests that the p70 PDGFR-beta functions as an adapter that recruits PI3K to the membrane upon AT1 receptor stimulation...
- Glypican 4, a membrane binding protein for bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein signaling pathways in retinal pigment epithelial cellsPedro Geraldes
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:5750-5. 2007....
- Plasma kallikrein mediates angiotensin II type 1 receptor-stimulated retinal vascular permeabilityJoanna A Phipps
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Hypertension 53:175-81. 2009....
- Angiotensin AT1 receptor antagonism ameliorates murine retinal proteome changes induced by diabetesBen Bo Gao
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Proteome Res 8:5541-9. 2009..These results provide insight into the effects of diabetes on the retina and the role of the AT1 receptor in modulating this response...
- Stretch-induced retinal vascular endothelial growth factor expression is mediated by phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and protein kinase C (PKC)-zeta but not by stretch-induced ERK1/2, Akt, Ras, or classical/novel PKC pathwaysIzumi Suzuma
Research Division and Beetham Eye Institute, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 277:1047-57. 2002..This mechanism may play a role in the well documented association of concomitant hypertension with clinical exacerbation of neovascularization and vascular permeability...
- Phosphorylation of Jak2 on Ser(523) inhibits Jak2-dependent leptin receptor signalingRyoko Ishida-Takahashi
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, 1 Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:4063-73. 2006..Thus, the phosphorylation of Jak2 on Ser523 inhibits Jak2 activity and represents a novel mechanism for the regulation of Jak2-dependent cytokine signaling...
- Plasma kallikrein mediates retinal vascular dysfunction and induces retinal thickening in diabetic ratsAllen Clermont
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Diabetes 60:1590-8. 2011..In this report, we examined the effects of PK on retinal vascular functions and thickness in diabetic rats...
- Phosphorylation of Irs1 at SER-522 inhibits insulin signalingJodel Giraud
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:2294-302. 2007..Together, these results suggest the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-->Akt cascade can inhibit insulin signaling through the phosphorylation of S522(Irs1)...
- MEK1,2 response element mediates angiotensin II-stimulated plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 promoter activationHong Chi Chen
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Blood 103:2636-44. 2004..This report identifies the MEK1,2 response element that mediates angiotensin II-stimulated PAI-1 promoter activation and shows that activation of this element requires Sp1 and AP-1 co-activation...
- Identification of a novel phosphorylation site on TBC1D4 regulated by AMP-activated protein kinase in skeletal muscleJonas T Treebak
Joslin Diabetes Center, Section on Metabolism, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 298:C377-85. 2010..S711 is a novel TBC1D4 phosphorylation site regulated by AMPK in skeletal muscle...
- Human insulin receptor substrate-1 (IRS-1) polymorphism G972R causes IRS-1 to associate with the insulin receptor and inhibit receptor autophosphorylationAileen J McGettrick
Section of Cellular and Molecular Physiology and Joslin Proteomics Core, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 280:6441-6. 2005....
- Differential regulation of angiotensin II-induced expression of connective tissue growth factor by protein kinase C isoforms in the myocardiumZhiheng He
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School and Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 280:15719-26. 2005....
- Role of the angiotensin II type 1 receptor in the pathogenesis of diabetic retinopathy: effects of blood pressure control and beyondAllen Clermont
Research Division, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Hypertens Suppl 24:S73-80. 2006..Results from the current DIabetic REtinopathy Candesartan Trials program will evaluate the potential of the AT1-receptor as a therapeutic target for diabetic retinopathy...
- Discovery of TBC1D1 as an insulin-, AICAR-, and contraction-stimulated signaling nexus in mouse skeletal muscleEric B Taylor
The Joslin Diabetes Center Section on Metabolism and Proteomics Core and Harvard Medical School, One Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 283:9787-96. 2008..TBC1D1 is a major PAS immunoreactive protein in skeletal muscle that is phosphorylated in vivo by insulin, AICAR, and contraction. Both Akt and AMPK phosphorylate TBC1D1, but AMPK may be the more robust regulator...
- JAK2 tyrosine kinase phosphorylates PAK1 and regulates PAK1 activity and functionsLeah Rider
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio 43606 3390, USA
J Biol Chem 282:30985-96. 2007..Our findings indicate that JAK2 phosphorylates PAK1 at these specific tyrosines and that this phosphorylation plays an important role in cell survival and motility...
- Role of the kallikrein-kinin system in diabetic retinopathyEdward P Feener; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies could reveal new therapeutic strategies to treat diabetic macular edema, a leading cause of vision loss. ..
- Regulation of angiotensin-induced PAI-1 expressionEDWARD FEENER; Fiscal Year: 2006..51B6.g7g7 mice). The long-term objective is to identify novel targets and approaches to control the blood pressure independent effects of Ang II on PAI-1 expression. ..
- Axima-CFR MALDI TOF Mass SpectrometerEDWARD FEENER; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Role of the kallikrein-kinin system in diabetic retinopathyEDWARD FEENER; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies could reveal new therapeutic strategies to treat diabetic macular edema, a leading cause of vision loss. ..