Affiliation: Harvard University
- Workers' compensation experiences of computer users with musculoskeletal disordersShona Fang
Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Ind Med 50:512-8. 2007..While MSDs are among the most disabling conditions in the United States, the workers' compensation (WC) experiences of individuals with these occupational disorders are not well described...
- Residential black carbon exposure and circulating markers of systemic inflammation in elderly males: the normative aging studyShona C Fang
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Environ Health Perspect 120:674-80. 2012..Traffic-related particles (TRPs) are associated with adverse cardiovascular events. The exact mechanisms are unclear, but systemic inflammatory responses likely play a role...
- PM2.5 metal exposures and nocturnal heart rate variability: a panel study of boilermaker construction workersJennifer M Cavallari
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Environ Health 7:36. 2008..We examined the association between daytime exposure to the metal content of PM2.5 and night HRV in a panel study of boilermaker construction workers exposed to metal-rich welding fumes...
- A systematic review of occupational exposure to particulate matter and cardiovascular diseaseShona C Fang
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 7:1773-806. 2010....
- Circulating adhesion molecules after short-term exposure to particulate matter among weldersS C Fang
Environmental and Occupational Medicine and Epidemiology Program, Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Avenue, FXB 103, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Occup Environ Med 67:11-6. 2010....
- Vascular function, inflammation, and variations in cardiac autonomic responses to particulate matter among weldersShona C Fang
665 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Epidemiol 169:848-56. 2009..001). Systemic inflammation and poorer vascular function appear to aggravate particle-related declines in heart rate variability among workers...
- Urinary 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine as a biomarker of oxidative DNA damage induced by ambient pollution in the Normative Aging StudyCizao Ren
Department of Environmental Health, Exposure, Epidemiology and Risk Program, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Occup Environ Med 68:562-9. 2011..Studies show that exposure to air pollution damages human health, but the mechanisms are not fully understood. One suggested pathway is via oxidative stress...
- Optimism in relation to inflammation and endothelial dysfunction in older men: the VA Normative Aging StudyAi Ikeda
Department of Society, Human Development, and Health, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Psychosom Med 73:664-71. 2011..This study examines the association of optimism with change in inflammation and endothelial function over time in men...
- Effect modification of air pollution on Urinary 8-Hydroxy-2'-Deoxyguanosine by genotypes: an application of the multiple testing procedure to identify significant SNP interactionsCizao Ren
Exposure, Epidemiology, and Risk Program, Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Environ Health 9:78. 2010..One suggested pathway is that pollution causes oxidative stress. If so, oxidative stress-related genotypes may modify the oxidative response defenses to pollution exposure...
- Acute decrease in HDL cholesterol associated with exposure to welding fumesMary Berlik Rice
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Occup Environ Med 53:17-21. 2011..To investigate acute changes in circulating lipids after exposure to relatively high levels of particulate matter through welding...