Affiliation: Harvard University
- Combined optical imaging and mammography of the healthy breast: optical contrast derived from breast structure and compressionQianqian Fang
Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02148 USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 28:30-42. 2009..The optical images from a subset of patients show composite features from both tissue structure and pressure distribution. We present mechanical simulations which further confirm this hypothesis...
- Monte Carlo simulation of photon migration in 3D turbid media accelerated by graphics processing unitsQianqian Fang
Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, 149 13th St, Charlestown, Massachusetts, 02129, USA
Opt Express 17:20178-90. 2009..These results render the GPU-based Monte Carlo simulation a practical solution for data analysis in a wide range of diffuse optical imaging applications, such as human brain or small-animal imaging...
- Combined optical and X-ray tomosynthesis breast imagingQianqian Fang
Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, 149 13th St, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Radiology 258:89-97. 2011..To explore the optical and physiologic properties of normal and lesion-bearing breasts by using a combined optical and digital breast tomosynthesis (DBT) imaging system...
- Two-photon microscopy of cortical NADH fluorescence intensity changes: correcting contamination from the hemodynamic responseEdward Baraghis
Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Radiology, 149 13th Street, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Biomed Opt 16:106003. 2011..The general approach of the correction algorithm can be extended to other TPLSM measurements, where changes in the optical properties of the tissue confound physiological measurements, such as the detection of calcium dynamics...
- Compression-induced changes in the physiological state of the breast as observed through frequency domain photon migration measurementsStefan A Carp
Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Biomed Opt 11:064016. 2006..Additionally, the dynamic characteristics of the changes in breast physiological parameters, together with the ability to probe the tissue metabolic state, may prove useful for breast cancer detection...
- Oxygen advection and diffusion in a three- dimensional vascular anatomical networkQianqian Fang
Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Opt Express 16:17530-41. 2008..We validated this algorithm for both static and dynamic conditions. We also applied it to a complex vascular network obtained from a rodent somatosensory cortex. Qualitative agreement was found with in-vivo experiments...
- Validating atlas-guided DOT: a comparison of diffuse optical tomography informed by atlas and subject-specific anatomiesRobert J Cooper
Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA, USA
Neuroimage 62:1999-2006. 2012..Our results show that despite this increase in error, reasonable anatomical localization is achievable even in cases where the subject-specific anatomy is unavailable...