Affiliation: Harvard University
- Dopamine gates sensory representations in cortexNeir Eshel
Program in Neuroscience, MD PhD Program, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
J Neurophysiol 111:2161-3. 2014..They found that dopamine increases the gain of sensory-evoked responses in putative pyramidal neurons in PFC, potentially by inhibiting local interneurons. ..
- Reward and punishment processing in depressionNeir Eshel
UCL Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, University College London, London, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 68:118-24. 2010..Combining these approaches--as well as molecular and behavioral work in animals--provides great promise for furthering our understanding of this common and debilitating disease...
- Effects of parietal TMS on somatosensory judgments challenge interhemispheric rivalry accountsNeir Eshel
UCL Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, University College London, London, UK
Neuropsychologia 48:3470-81. 2010..Our results argue against a strict rivalry interpretation, instead suggesting that parietal TMS can provide a pedestal-like increment in somatosensory response...
- Interhemispheric effect of parietal TMS on somatosensory response confirmed directly with concurrent TMS-fMRIFelix Blankenburg
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, University College London, London, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 28:13202-8. 2008....
- Bonsai trees in your head: how the pavlovian system sculpts goal-directed choices by pruning decision treesQuentin J M Huys
Gatsby Computational Neuroscience Unit, University College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Comput Biol 8:e1002410. 2012..We conclude that Pavlovian behavioural inhibition shapes highly flexible, goal-directed choices in a manner that may be important for theories of decision-making in mood disorders...