James M Ellison
Affiliation: Harvard Medical School
- Teaching collaboration between pharmacotherapist and psychotherapistJames M Ellison
Geriatric Psychiatry Program, McLean Hospital, 115 Mill St, Belmont, Massachusetts 02478, USA
Acad Psychiatry 29:195-202. 2005..This article addresses the teaching of collaborative pharmacotherapy to psychiatric residents...
- Beyond the "C" in MCI: noncognitive symptoms in amnestic and non-amnestic mild cognitive impairmentJames M Ellison
Geriatric Psychiatry Program, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
CNS Spectr 13:66-72. 2008....
- A 60-year-old woman with mild memory impairment: review of mild cognitive impairmentJames M Ellison
Harvard Medical School, USA
JAMA 300:1566-74. 2008..Discussion of her case reviews mild cognitive impairment with emphasis on an evidence-based approach to evaluation and treatment, including management of comorbid medical conditions, lifestyle changes, and pharmacotherapy...
- Depression in later life: an overview with treatment recommendationsJames M Ellison
Geriatric Psychiatry Program, SB322, McLean Hospital, 115 Mill Street, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 35:203-29. 2012..Improved recognition and treatment of late-life depression holds great potential for improving physical and mental health in later life, reducing disability in later years, and improving quality of life...
- Dronabinol for the treatment of agitation and aggressive behavior in acutely hospitalized severely demented patients with noncognitive behavioral symptomsMatthew R Woodward
McLean Hospital Geriatric Psychiatry Research Program, Harvard Medical School, Belmont, MA Electronic address
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:415-9. 2014..The efficacy of pharmacotherapeutic treatment options is modest. This study was conducted to explore the efficacy and safety of dronabinol as an adjunctive treatment for agitation and aggressive behavior in severely demented patients...
- Safety and efficacy of electroconvulsive therapy for the treatment of agitation and aggression in patients with dementiaManjola Ujkaj
Harvard South Shore Psychiatry Residency Training Program, Boston VA Healthcare System, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Brockton, MA 02301, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 20:61-72. 2012..The authors examine the safety and efficacy of Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) for agitation and aggression in dementia patients...
- Neuropsychiatric correlates of white matter hyperintensities in Alzheimer's diseaseYosef A Berlow
Geriatric Psychiatry Research Program, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 25:780-8. 2010..To investigate the association of behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia (BPSD) in Alzheimer's disease (AD) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) measures of brain atrophy and white matter hyperintensities (WMH)...
- Mild cognitive impairmentJames M Ellison
CNS Spectr 13:41-2. 2008