JEFFREY W DURYEA
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Minimum joint space width and tibial cartilage morphology in the knees of healthy individuals: a cross-sectional studyKaren A Beattie
Dept of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 9:119. 2008..Thus, the purpose of this pilot study is to estimate reference values of medial joint space width and cartilage morphometry in healthy individuals of all ages using standard radiography and peripheral magnetic resonance imaging...
- Comparison of radiographic joint space width with magnetic resonance imaging cartilage morphometry: analysis of longitudinal data from the Osteoarthritis InitiativeJeffrey Duryea
Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:932-7. 2010..The objective of our study was to compare the responsiveness of radiographic joint space width (JSW) with MRI-derived measures of cartilage morphometry for OA progression in participants from the Osteoarthritis Initiative (OAI)...
- Semiautomated three-dimensional segmentation software to quantify carpal bone volume changes on wrist CT scans for arthritis assessmentJ Duryea
Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Med Phys 35:2321-30. 2008..CT promises to be a quantifiable tool to measure erosion volumes and may serve as a gold standard that can be used in the validation of other modalities such as magnetic resonance imaging...
- Novel fast semi-automated software to segment cartilage for knee MR acquisitionsJ Duryea
Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 15:487-92. 2007..In this report we document and measure the reproducibility and reader time of a software-based technique to quantify the volume and thickness of articular cartilage on knee MR images...
- Digital tomosynthesis of hand joints for arthritis assessmentJ Duryea
Osteoporosis and Arthritis Research Group, Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Med Phys 30:325-33. 2003..We have also developed a methodology that can be used to optimize the technique and have studied the issues that will control the feasibility of clinical implementation...
- New radiographic-based surrogate outcome measures for osteoarthritis of the kneeJ Duryea
Osteoporosis and Arthritis Research Group, Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 11:102-10. 2003..Also, mJSW is a single outcome measure that does not reflect all disease changes. Here we present a study of new radiograph-based outcome measures to quantify OA progression...
- Neural network based algorithm to quantify joint space width in joints of the hand for arthritis assessmentJ Duryea
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Med Phys 27:1185-94. 2000..80 (MCP), R2= 0.82 (PIP), and R2= 0.84 (DIP). This is an accurate and robust algorithm and should provide a more quantitative measure of disease progression than current methods...
- Trainable rule-based algorithm for the measurement of joint space width in digital radiographic images of the kneeJ Duryea
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0628, USA
Med Phys 27:580-91. 2000..The algorithm also showed excellent agreement with the hand-drawn contours and with mJSW determined by the manual method...
- Longitudinal in vivo reproducibility of cartilage volume and surface in osteoarthritis of the kneeM H Brem
Musculoskeletal Division, Department of Radiology, ASB 1, L 1, Room 003E, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Skeletal Radiol 36:315-20. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the longitudinal reproducibility of cartilage volume and surface area measurements in moderate osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee...
- Neural network based automated algorithm to identify joint locations on hand/wrist radiographs for arthritis assessmentJ Duryea
Osteoporosis and Arthritis Research Group, Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, 94143, USA
Med Phys 29:403-11. 2002..The software provides landmarks that will be used by subsequent image processing routines to analyze each joint individually for structural changes such as erosions and joint space narrowing...
- Location specific radiographic joint space width for osteoarthritis progressionG Neumann
Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 17:761-5. 2009..The study also investigated the most disease-responsive location for measuring medial compartment JSW...
- Magnetic resonance image segmentation using semi-automated software for quantification of knee articular cartilage---initial evaluation of a technique for paired scansM H Brem
Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA, 02115, USA
Skeletal Radiol 38:505-11. 2009..We describe the methodology behind the analysis and demonstrate its use by determination of test-retest analysis precision of duplicate knee magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) data sets...
- Comparison of fixed-flexion positioning with fluoroscopic semi-flexed positioning for quantifying radiographic joint-space width in the knee: test-retest reproducibilityC Peterfy
Synarc Inc, 575 Market Street, 17th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
Skeletal Radiol 32:128-32. 2003..To compare fixed-flexion radiography of the knee with fluoroscopic semi-flexed radiography in terms of the reproducibility of measurements of minimum joint-space width (JSW) in the medial femorotibial joint...
- Fully automated software to monitor wear in prosthetic knees using fluoroscopic imagesJ Duryea
Osteoporosis and Arthritis Research Group, Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
Eur Radiol 11:2184-7. 2001..A single case (2% of total) required user interaction to correct for an obvious failure to delineate the prosthesis pin. We document a robust and precise tool for quantifying mJSW to monitor prosthesis wear...
- Automated measurement of radiographic hip joint-space widthC L Gordon
Osteoporosis and Arthritis Research Group University of California, San Francisco, USA
Med Phys 28:267-77. 2001..Automated measures of radiographic hip joint-space narrowing is less subjective than manual methods and may be applicable for monitoring OA progression in clinical research...
- Computerized Radiographic Outcomes for Rheumatoid HandsJeffrey Duryea; Fiscal Year: 2004..This work will play a major role towards alleviating the effects of this debilitating disease. ..
- Quantitative MRI analysis method for longitudinal assessment of knee OAJEFFREY W DURYEA; Fiscal Year: 2010..The work will contribute to the public health indirectly by assisting others in developing and evaluating OA therapies. ..