Erin C Dunn
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Translating multilevel theory into multilevel research: challenges and opportunities for understanding the social determinants of psychiatric disordersErin C Dunn
Psychiatric and Neurodevelopmental Genetics Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, 185 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA, 02144, USA
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 49:859-72. 2014..Despite the widespread use of such theories in etiological, intervention, and policy studies, challenges remain in bridging multilevel theory and empirical research...
- Interaction between genetic variants and exposure to Hurricane Katrina on post-traumatic stress and post-traumatic growth: a prospective analysis of low income adultsErin C Dunn
Center for Human Genetics Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, United States Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, United States Stanley Center for Psychiatric Research, The Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT, United States Electronic address
J Affect Disord 152:243-9. 2014..Gene-environment interaction (GxE) studies could offer new insight into the factors underlying variability in post-disaster psychological responses. However, few studies have explored GxE in a disaster context...
- The impact of exposure to interpersonal violence on gender differences in adolescent-onset major depression: results from the National Comorbidity Survey Replication (NCS-R)Erin C Dunn
Department of Society, Human Development, and Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Depress Anxiety 29:392-9. 2012..Despite substantial efforts, gaps remain in our understanding of this disparity. This study tested whether gender differences in adolescent-onset depression arise because of female's greater exposure or sensitivity to violence...
- Developmental timing of child maltreatment and symptoms of depression and suicidal ideation in young adulthood: results from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent HealthErin C Dunn
Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts Stanley Center for Psychiatric Research, The Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Depress Anxiety 30:955-64. 2013..This study examines whether age at first exposure to abuse is associated with subsequent depression and suicidal ideation...
- The built environment and depressive symptoms among urban youth: A spatial regression studyDustin T Duncan
Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Spat Spatiotemporal Epidemiol 5:11-25. 2013..While our results overall suggest that the built environment minimally influences youth depressive symptoms, additional research is needed, including to understand our results in the unexpected direction...
- Research review: gene-environment interaction research in youth depression - a systematic review with recommendations for future researchErin C Dunn
Department of Society, Human Development, and Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 52:1223-38. 2011..However, there has been no systematic review of GxE in youth depression to date...