Carolyn M Dresler
Affiliation: Harvard University
- The changing epidemic of lung cancer and occupational and environmental risk factorsCarolyn Dresler
Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Network, Arkansas Department of Health, 4815 West Markham Street, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Thorac Surg Clin 23:113-22. 2013..There are other causes of lung cancer in people who never smoke, which include environmental and occupational. Enough is now known to implement strong policies that could eliminate most lung cancers...
- Attitudes of women from five European countries regarding tobacco control policiesCarolyn Dresler
1Arkansas Department of Health, Little Rock, USA
Scand J Public Health 41:126-33. 2013..Implementing comprehensive smokefree laws will gain high approval and will be associated with prompting people to quit...
- Human rights-based approach to tobacco controlCarolyn Dresler
Arkansas Department of Health, Little Rock, AR 72207, USA
Tob Control 21:208-11. 2012..The initial work of the Human Rights and Tobacco Control Network is summarised and considers the future directions for the human rights-based approach to tobacco control...
- Is it more important to quit smoking than which chemotherapy is used?Carolyn M Dresler
Lung Cancer 39:119-24. 2003..Documentation of smoking status is critical to report in future studies that have evaluated therapeutic options...
- Phase III intergroup study of talc poudrage vs talc slurry sclerosis for malignant pleural effusionCarolyn M Dresler
Head, Tobacco Unit, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Chest 127:909-15. 2005..To demonstrate the efficacy, safety, and appropriate mode of instillation of talc for sclerosis in treatment of malignant pleural effusions (MPEs)...
- Epidemiology of lung cancer: smoking, secondhand smoke, and geneticsMatthew A Steliga
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 West Markham Street 713, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 20:605-18. 2011..By more fully appreciating the complex interrelationship between genetics and other risks the development of lung cancer can be more completely understood...
- Reversal of risk upon quitting smokingCarolyn M Dresler
International Agency for Research on Cancer, 150, cours Albert Thomas, 69008, Lyon, France
Lancet 368:348-9. 2006
- Cytisine for smoking cessation: a research agendaJean Francois Etter
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Geneva, CMU, Case Postale, CH 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Drug Alcohol Depend 92:3-8. 2008..Potentially, this research effort, contributing to wider use of an inexpensive drug, could save many lives...
- Response to Perkins and Scott. Nicotine patch and lozenge are effective for womenSaul Shiffman
Nicotine Tob Res 8:321-2. 2006
- Safety profile of a nicotine lozenge compared with that of nicotine gum in adult smokers with underlying medical conditions: a 12-week, randomized, open-label studyHoward S Marsh
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare, Parsippany, NJ 07054, USA
Clin Ther 27:1571-87. 2005..Nicotine polacrilex lozenges deliver 25% to 27% more nicotine compared with equivalent doses of nicotine polacrilex gum. The increased nicotine exposure from the lozenge has raised questions about the relative safety of the lozenge and gum...
- Nicotine patch and lozenge are effective for womenSaul Shiffman
Pinney Associates and University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 7:119-27. 2005..Treatment with nicotine patch or lozenge is effective for women, and the analysis did not reveal significant gender differences in efficacy. Gender differences in outcome may be moderated by nicotine dependence...
- Successful treatment with a nicotine lozenge of smokers with prior failure in pharmacological therapySaul Shiffman
Pinney Associates, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Addiction 99:83-92. 2004..To assess the influence of unsuccessful past quit attempts using pharmacological treatment on smoking cessation when using a new nicotine lozenge...
- Pharmacokinetics of a nicotine polacrilex lozengeJae H Choi
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare, Parsippany NJ 07054 3884, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 5:635-44. 2003..These pharmacokinetic characteristics should allow the lozenge to become an effective and safe therapeutic alternative for smoking cessation...
- Efficacy of a nicotine lozenge for smoking cessationSaul Shiffman
Pinney Associates, 201 N Craig St, Suite 320, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Arch Intern Med 162:1267-76. 2002..Some smokers prefer acute oral forms, but many smokers reject chewing gum. We tested the safety and efficacy of a new nicotine polacrilex lozenge for smoking cessation...