Anahita F Dioun
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Is maternal age at delivery related to childhood food allergy?Anahita F Dioun
Division of Immunology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 14:307-11. 2003..Additional studies are needed to further evaluate this relationship and its potential implication in preventive strategies for food allergies in children...
- Predicting food challenge outcomes for baked milk: role of specific IgE and skin prick testingLisa M Bartnikas
Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 109:309-313.e1. 2012..Cow's milk allergy is the most common food allergy in childhood. Many children with IgE-mediated cow's milk allergy may tolerate baked milk products, but few data exist on predictors of outcomes of baked milk challenges...
- Indications, protocols, and outcomes of drug desensitizations for chemotherapy and monoclonal antibodies in adults and childrenDavid I Hong
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Mass Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass Electronic address
J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract 2:13-9; quiz 20. 2014..In this article, we describe the steps involved in the evaluation of these patients, factors to consider before making a decision to desensitize, the implementation of desensitization protocols, and the outcomes of such procedures. ..
- Role of specific IgE and skin-prick testing in predicting food challenge results to baked eggCatherine F Cortot
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 33:275-81. 2012..8 years versus 7.0 years; p = 0.721). Based on our sample, SPT, egg white-specific IgE and age are not good predictors of passing a baked egg challenge. However, there was a trend for more predictability with SPT wheal size...
- Antibiotic desensitization for the allergic patient: 5 years of experience and practiceStuart E Turvey
Division of Immunology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 92:426-32. 2004..However, there are limited data describing the outcomes of this procedure with newer, commonly used antibiotics...