Francois C Delori
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Maximum permissible exposures for ocular safety (ANSI 2000), with emphasis on ophthalmic devicesFrancois C Delori
Schepens Eye Research Institute and Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, and Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 24:1250-65. 2007..Exposure by repetitive pulses is also addressed, as this is frequently employed in ophthalmic applications. Examples are given that will familiarize potential users with this format...
- Quantitative measurements of autofluorescence with the scanning laser ophthalmoscopeFrancois DeLori
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:9379-90. 2011..To evaluate the feasibility and reliability of a standardized approach for quantitative measurements of fundus autofluorescence (AF) in images obtained with a confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscope (cSLO)...
- Long term dietary supplementation with zeaxanthin reduces photoreceptor death in light-damaged Japanese quailLauren R Thomson
Schepens Eye Research Institute and Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Exp Eye Res 75:529-42. 2002..These data confirm our previous report that retinal carotenoids prevent photoreceptor cell death, and provide the first direct evidence that retinal zeaxanthin protects photoreceptors from light-induced death...
- Vitamin A activates rhodopsin and sensitizes it to ultraviolet lightSadaharu Miyazono
Department of Ophthalmology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Vis Neurosci 28:485-97. 2011....
- Bimodal spatial distribution of macular pigment: evidence of a gender relationshipFrancois C Delori
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 23:521-38. 2006..Evidence that the shape of the foveal depression may be gender related leads us to hypothesize that differences in macular pigment distribution are related to anatomical differences in the shape of the foveal depression...
- Elevated retinal zeaxanthin and prevention of light-induced photoreceptor cell death in quailLauren R Thomson
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:3538-49. 2002..These data provide the first experimental evidence that xanthophyll carotenoids protect photoreceptors in vivo...
- Autofluorescence method to measure macular pigment optical densities fluorometry and autofluorescence imagingFrancois C Delori
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 430:156-62. 2004....