Affiliation: Harvard University
- Identification of FAM111A as an SV40 host range restriction and adenovirus helper factorDebrah A Fine
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002949. 2012..FAM111A functions as a host range restriction factor that is specifically targeted by SV40 LT...
- A cornucopia of human polyomavirusesJames A DeCaprio
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Nat Rev Microbiol 11:264-76. 2013..This Review describes the similarities and differences among the new human polyomaviruses and discusses how these viruses might interact with their human host...
- How the Rb tumor suppressor structure and function was revealed by the study of Adenovirus and SV40James A DeCaprio
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, USA
Virology 384:274-84. 2009..More recent studies have revealed how E1A and LT combine the activity of Rb and the other cellular associated proteins to perturb expression of many genes during viral infection and tumor formation...
- Cul7/p185/p193 binding to simian virus 40 large T antigen has a role in cellular transformationSyed Hamid Ali
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Virol 78:2749-57. 2004..Considering the significance of other TAg-interacting proteins in regulation of the cell cycle, p185/Cul7 may also regulate an important growth control pathway...
- The carboxyl-terminal domain of large T antigen rescues SV40 host range activity in trans independent of acetylationDanielle L Poulin
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Virology 349:212-21. 2006..The carboxyl-terminal region of T Ag contains a biological function essential for the SV40 viral life cycle...
- Cellular transformation by Simian Virus 40 and Murine Polyoma Virus T antigensJingwei Cheng
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Semin Cancer Biol 19:218-28. 2009..The unique contributions of SV40 LT and ST and PY MT to cellular transformation have provided significant insights into our understanding of tumor suppressors, oncogenes and the process of oncogenesis...
- Evolutionarily conserved multisubunit RBL2/p130 and E2F4 protein complex represses human cell cycle-dependent genes in quiescenceLarisa Litovchick
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell 26:539-51. 2007..This work reveals an evolutionarily conserved multisubunit protein complex that contains p130 and E2F4, but not pRB, and mediates the repression of cell cycle-dependent genes in quiescence...
- Targeting of p300/CREB binding protein coactivators by simian virus 40 is mediated through p53Darrell R Borger
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Department of Medical Oncology, Harvard Medical School, Mayer Building 457, 44 Binney Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Virol 80:4292-303. 2006..Therefore, the binding of p53 serves to modify SV40 LT by targeting CBP and p300 binding to direct the acetylation of SV40 LT...
- SV40 large T antigen promotes dephosphorylation of p130Jennifer Y Lin
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 278:46482-7. 2003..These results suggest that T Ag recruits a phosphatase activity in a DNA J domain-dependent manner to reduce the phosphorylation of p130...
- Telomerase maintains telomere structure in normal human cellsKenkichi Masutomi
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 114:241-53. 2003..Together, these observations support the view that telomerase and telomere structure are dynamically regulated in normal human cells and that telomere length alone is unlikely to trigger entry into replicative senescence...
- Interaction Between SV40 Large T and p185 CullinJAMES DECAPRIO; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, this proposal seeks to identify additional binding proteins of p185, to characterize the p185 ubiquitinating activity, and to determine if p185 serves as a tumor suppressor in a knockout mouse model. ..
- RB-Related Proteins in SV40 T TransformationJAMES DECAPRIO; Fiscal Year: 2007..Using a variety of genetic, biochemical, and molecular approaches, we will focus on determining the specific contribution of p300 and CBP to T Ag transformation. ..
- RB-Related Proteins in SV40T TransformationJames A DeCaprio; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will test if two protein complexes termed DREAM and NuRD that bind to p130 and p107 are also inactivated by T Ag and determine if DREAM and NuRD also serve as tumor suppressors. ..
- RB-RELATED PROTEINS AND SV40 T TRANSFORMATIONJAMES DECAPRIO; Fiscal Year: 2002..In the course of the work, they will attempt to better understand the normal transformation suppression functions of the pRB-related proteins, p130 and p107. ..
- Interaction Between SV40 Large T and p185 CullinJames A DeCaprio; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal seeks to determine if CUL7 and FBXW8 are tumor suppressor genes that are important for normal growth and SV40 induced cellular oncogenesis. ..