Madalena D Costa
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Multiscale analysis of heart rate dynamics: entropy and time irreversibility measuresMadalena D Costa
Division of Interdisciplinary Medicine and Biotechnology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, GZ 431, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Cardiovasc Eng 8:88-93. 2008..These new methods, with careful attention to their limitations, may be useful in diagnostics, risk stratification and detection of toxicity of cardiac drugs...
- Complex dynamics of human red blood cell flickering: alterations with in vivo agingMadalena Costa
Division of Interdisciplinary Medicine and Biotechnology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 78:020901. 2008..Quantitative assessment of multiscale flickering may provide a way of measuring RBC functionality. Membrane models need to account for the complex properties of these motions and their changes with in vivo senescence...
- Increased fragmentation of rest-activity patterns is associated with a characteristic pattern of cognitive impairment in older individualsAndrew S P Lim
Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Sleep 35:633-40B. 2012....
- Physiological complexity and system adaptability: evidence from postural control dynamics of older adultsBrad Manor
Division of Gerontology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 110 Francis St Suite 1B, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Appl Physiol 109:1786-91. 2010..Relatively low baseline complexity may, therefore, indicate control systems that are more vulnerable to cognitive and other stressors...
- Use of a tracing task to assess visuomotor performance: effects of age, sex, and handednessLeia A Stirling
Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University, Center for Life Science, 3 Blackfan Circle, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02180
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 68:938-45. 2013..Participants also performed the Trail Making Test (a measure of executive function)...
- Quantification of the fragmentation of rest-activity patterns in elderly individuals using a state transition analysisAndrew S P Lim
Department of Neurology, Program in Neuroscience and Division of Sleep Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Sleep 34:1569-81. 2011..We then applied this to the study of the temporal dynamics of rest-activity patterns in older individuals...
- Frailty and the degradation of complex balance dynamics during a dual-task protocolHyun Gu Kang
Institute for Aging Research, Hebrew SeniorLife, 1200 Centre Street, Boston, MA 02131, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 64:1304-11. 2009....
- Multiscale entropy analysis of complex physiologic time seriesMadalena Costa
Cardiovascular Division, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Phys Rev Lett 89:068102. 2002..We find that MSE robustly separates healthy and pathologic groups and consistently yields higher values for simulated long-range correlated noise compared to uncorrelated noise...
- Multiscale entropy analysis of biological signalsMadalena Costa
Margret and H A Rey Institute for Nonlinear Dynamics in Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 71:021906. 2005....